Feeling guilty for not doing much!

thelizardqueen

The extent of my exercising is walking every where I need to go. Whether its around the block, or 2 miles. On the occasion I do do home aerobics (situps, light weight lifting). I used to be really bad with my treatments even because I have such mild lung disease. I would go to the smokey bars every weekend (and I'm thankful to say that my province is now public smoke free), and I was very lax on my treatments. NOw I do my treatments on time, I do physio 2 times a day, and I'm a tad bit germaphobic (always have hand cleanser on hand, don't go around people who are sick, etc.). I guess you could say I've grown up, and am trying to make a pro-active effort to stay healthy while I can.

thelizardqueen

The extent of my exercising is walking every where I need to go. Whether its around the block, or 2 miles. On the occasion I do do home aerobics (situps, light weight lifting). I used to be really bad with my treatments even because I have such mild lung disease. I would go to the smokey bars every weekend (and I'm thankful to say that my province is now public smoke free), and I was very lax on my treatments. NOw I do my treatments on time, I do physio 2 times a day, and I'm a tad bit germaphobic (always have hand cleanser on hand, don't go around people who are sick, etc.). I guess you could say I've grown up, and am trying to make a pro-active effort to stay healthy while I can.

65rosessamurai

Guilt, guilt, guilt..that's all I get for not going to my practices!
Though, for the past three years, I've been dealt a lot, and the stress involved is finally subsiding, so I hope to at least get back to my Iaido practice. Unfortunately, I am also dealing with a bit of health related problems regarding that, too. My knees give out almost during every practice, and I have no idea if it is related to my CF (early arthritis?), or malnutrition I had experienced for the last 12 years! (no proper diet, no enzymes, no money, no nothing cause I wuz married to the Wicked Witch of the East!)
BTW, i had started a spool (with quite a low quantity of replies) regarding how to get back into shape, even with my current "handicaps".
I get a brisk walk, every time I go to work, about 10 minutes from the house to the train station, and then from the train station to work, and back again. (Yea, I walk UP HILL both ways in the freezing cold with only a potatoe to keep my hands warm, which I eat for lunch, but freeze my hands off when I'm walking uphill all the way back home!!)
Hopefully, when warmer weather comes, I'll feel a little more "outdoorsy"! (from the "cabin fever"!)

65rosessamurai

Guilt, guilt, guilt..that's all I get for not going to my practices!
Though, for the past three years, I've been dealt a lot, and the stress involved is finally subsiding, so I hope to at least get back to my Iaido practice. Unfortunately, I am also dealing with a bit of health related problems regarding that, too. My knees give out almost during every practice, and I have no idea if it is related to my CF (early arthritis?), or malnutrition I had experienced for the last 12 years! (no proper diet, no enzymes, no money, no nothing cause I wuz married to the Wicked Witch of the East!)
BTW, i had started a spool (with quite a low quantity of replies) regarding how to get back into shape, even with my current "handicaps".
I get a brisk walk, every time I go to work, about 10 minutes from the house to the train station, and then from the train station to work, and back again. (Yea, I walk UP HILL both ways in the freezing cold with only a potatoe to keep my hands warm, which I eat for lunch, but freeze my hands off when I'm walking uphill all the way back home!!)
Hopefully, when warmer weather comes, I'll feel a little more "outdoorsy"! (from the "cabin fever"!)

JazzysMom

Fred, if you were married to the WIcked Witch of the East then You should have dropped a house on her instead of Dorothy! Then taken the ruby slippers! Too late now.....

JazzysMom

Fred, if you were married to the WIcked Witch of the East then You should have dropped a house on her instead of Dorothy! Then taken the ruby slippers! Too late now.....

anonymous

Exercise has helped me get back to my baseline or just around in when I get sick and I believe whole heartedly that if I did not exercise regulary I WOULD NOT be as healthy as I am at 34 years old and I WOULD NOT be able to get back to relatively normal after I get sick. I believe exercise is the fountain of youth, too!!! I am a very strong believer in regular exercise to maintain my heatlh and build me up so I can fight my infections and get better when I do get sick. Some days of exercise are better than others but I do exercise on a regular basis and I find it is a MUST

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD

anonymous

Exercise has helped me get back to my baseline or just around in when I get sick and I believe whole heartedly that if I did not exercise regulary I WOULD NOT be as healthy as I am at 34 years old and I WOULD NOT be able to get back to relatively normal after I get sick. I believe exercise is the fountain of youth, too!!! I am a very strong believer in regular exercise to maintain my heatlh and build me up so I can fight my infections and get better when I do get sick. Some days of exercise are better than others but I do exercise on a regular basis and I find it is a MUST

Jennifer 34 years old with CF and CFRD

nocode

Just to let you know that, somehow , since i started this post (only 4 days ago) i got so motivated to exercise that i bought a few stuff and have been using it at home, so ive been exercising at home for about 2 hours a day now! I guess that the fact that i posted that here already meant that i felt i should do it, i guess i was just trying to get the courage to start. I bought weights, a "stepper", and i already had a bike (one of those you use at home).. i feel less guilty now, anyway, eh eh..

nocode

Just to let you know that, somehow , since i started this post (only 4 days ago) i got so motivated to exercise that i bought a few stuff and have been using it at home, so ive been exercising at home for about 2 hours a day now! I guess that the fact that i posted that here already meant that i felt i should do it, i guess i was just trying to get the courage to start. I bought weights, a "stepper", and i already had a bike (one of those you use at home).. i feel less guilty now, anyway, eh eh..

anonymous

CONGRATULATIONS! hope you keep up the exercise. I love to exercise & have for most of my life (I am now 64) I find that when I exercise the mucus comes up easier & my lung functions are better. since I had pneumonia in Nov. & was hospitalized for 9 days - It has been a struggle to get back swimming & walking. I can't do as much as I did before - but I can do a bit more each week. so if I want to enjoy those 7 grandchildren - I will keep trying!

anonymous

CONGRATULATIONS! hope you keep up the exercise. I love to exercise & have for most of my life (I am now 64) I find that when I exercise the mucus comes up easier & my lung functions are better. since I had pneumonia in Nov. & was hospitalized for 9 days - It has been a struggle to get back swimming & walking. I can't do as much as I did before - but I can do a bit more each week. so if I want to enjoy those 7 grandchildren - I will keep trying!