Feeling overwhelmed and questioning everything

been there. got tested for allergies and i am allergic to all the molds and pollens. so i am going to suggust if you can get test for allergies and get allegry shots. been doing these shots since oct. and have been helping. another thing to that has helped me is an air purifier. you can get one at home depot or lowes.

KLeigh

I hear you Andi! When this happened to me, the doctors figured out that my IGE level was extremely high & they suspected I had ABPA (Aspergillus aka. mold, in the lungs) It's not something you can test for but because of my high IGE level they put me on an anti fungal & steroids & it works wonders! Also I agree with Iamqueenofeverthing, you could have allergies. I would see an allergist who can test you!
You could have other things wrong with you other than CF.

Also, I agree with everyone who says to exercise! It's so hard to get in that mind set everyday but TRUST ME, working out does wonders for your lungs! Even if you don't see it right away!
Walking the dog is good though! Keep that up. I walk my dog 5 times a week then i go to a spin class or get on an elliptical! Anything to make you feel like you are working those lungs! I hope things get better soon!

Keep us posted! xoxo

KLeigh

I hear you Andi! When this happened to me, the doctors figured out that my IGE level was extremely high & they suspected I had ABPA (Aspergillus aka. mold, in the lungs) It's not something you can test for but because of my high IGE level they put me on an anti fungal & steroids & it works wonders! Also I agree with Iamqueenofeverthing, you could have allergies. I would see an allergist who can test you!
You could have other things wrong with you other than CF.

Also, I agree with everyone who says to exercise! It's so hard to get in that mind set everyday but TRUST ME, working out does wonders for your lungs! Even if you don't see it right away!
Walking the dog is good though! Keep that up. I walk my dog 5 times a week then i go to a spin class or get on an elliptical! Anything to make you feel like you are working those lungs! I hope things get better soon!

Keep us posted! xoxo

KLeigh

<br />You could have other things wrong with you other than CF.
<br />
<br />Also, I agree with everyone who says to exercise! It's so hard to get in that mind set everyday but TRUST ME, working out does wonders for your lungs! Even if you don't see it right away!
<br />Walking the dog is good though! Keep that up. I walk my dog 5 times a week then i go to a spin class or get on an elliptical! Anything to make you feel like you are working those lungs! I hope things get better soon!
<br />
<br />Keep us posted! xoxo

KLeigh

By the way, I'm not sure where you live, but .... Since I went into the adult side of CF clinic, I have seen 3 different doctors. The first I didn't like at all. The second I LOVED, but the third has been the most intelligent group I have seen. They are HUGE in encouraging CFers to work out!
Maybe it's just time to move on from this doctor & see if someone else is better suited for you!

KLeigh

By the way, I'm not sure where you live, but .... Since I went into the adult side of CF clinic, I have seen 3 different doctors. The first I didn't like at all. The second I LOVED, but the third has been the most intelligent group I have seen. They are HUGE in encouraging CFers to work out!
Maybe it's just time to move on from this doctor & see if someone else is better suited for you!

KLeigh

<br />Maybe it's just time to move on from this doctor & see if someone else is better suited for you!