feeling rebellious sometimes.

does anybody feel rebellous against Cf? like you skip a couple of treatmens and vest? or just go out when you are exremely tired and you know you are going to spend a few days recovering? or do you skip on insulin and checking your blood sugars every now and then?

i dont do this often but sometimes i get so tired of doing all of these things.

What do you get tired of doing?

does anybody feel rebellous against Cf? like you skip a couple of treatmens and vest? or just go out when you are exremely tired and you know you are going to spend a few days recovering? or do you skip on insulin and checking your blood sugars every now and then?

i dont do this often but sometimes i get so tired of doing all of these things.

What do you get tired of doing?

<br />
<br />i dont do this often but sometimes i get so tired of doing all of these things.
<br />
<br />What do you get tired of doing?

nmw615

I do this occasionally and I'm pretty sure it keeps me sane. There are times when I feel like if I sit down to do a vest treatment I'll end up chucking it through the window. I don't do it often, but if I'm feeling healthy, I might skip a vest treatment just to keep my mind about me.

I never skip taking any meds, but that action is so ingrained in my head as part of my routine I hardly notice taking them anymore.

As for going out when I know I'll need a day or two, I do this all the time, but I always plan them out so I know I'll have those few recoup days available. This also helps keep me sane.

I know what you mean, though. All this stuff, even though we need it, can get exhausting after a while and sometimes just a short break to be "normal" is all it takes to get back to normal.

nmw615

I do this occasionally and I'm pretty sure it keeps me sane. There are times when I feel like if I sit down to do a vest treatment I'll end up chucking it through the window. I don't do it often, but if I'm feeling healthy, I might skip a vest treatment just to keep my mind about me.

I never skip taking any meds, but that action is so ingrained in my head as part of my routine I hardly notice taking them anymore.

As for going out when I know I'll need a day or two, I do this all the time, but I always plan them out so I know I'll have those few recoup days available. This also helps keep me sane.

I know what you mean, though. All this stuff, even though we need it, can get exhausting after a while and sometimes just a short break to be "normal" is all it takes to get back to normal.

nmw615

<br />
<br />I never skip taking any meds, but that action is so ingrained in my head as part of my routine I hardly notice taking them anymore.
<br />
<br />As for going out when I know I'll need a day or two, I do this all the time, but I always plan them out so I know I'll have those few recoup days available. This also helps keep me sane.
<br />
<br />I know what you mean, though. All this stuff, even though we need it, can get exhausting after a while and sometimes just a short break to be "normal" is all it takes to get back to normal.

lilkidNicky

I do this too so I remember what it's like to be normal. Taking my pills is second nature and like nmw615 I hardly notice taking them. I don't have a vest as we don't have them here in NZ [yet]. I also haven't got CFRD so can't relate to that either sorry. But I really, really dislike doing physio, it gets really boring, really fast so I go to the gym 4-5x a week instead and work out by making my lungs work a little harder that makes me cough heaps, then will doing chest clearance when I get home.

lilkidNicky

I do this too so I remember what it's like to be normal. Taking my pills is second nature and like nmw615 I hardly notice taking them. I don't have a vest as we don't have them here in NZ [yet]. I also haven't got CFRD so can't relate to that either sorry. But I really, really dislike doing physio, it gets really boring, really fast so I go to the gym 4-5x a week instead and work out by making my lungs work a little harder that makes me cough heaps, then will doing chest clearance when I get home.

lilkidNicky

A

alluneedislove

YES!!! I will go out or stay up late because i wanna feel normal like my husband, and usually if we are up late i skip my vest and meds for the evening. I end up paying for it later, but once in a while its ok!

A

alluneedislove

YES!!! I will go out or stay up late because i wanna feel normal like my husband, and usually if we are up late i skip my vest and meds for the evening. I end up paying for it later, but once in a while its ok!

A

alluneedislove

mamerth

There are days when "I just don't wanna". I get back in the routine (treatments) in a day or two and I wonder why I was being so stubborn. It is no fun having this illness and I think we owe it to ourselves to indulge in one in a blue moon " I don't wanna" but don't recommend making it a regular practice. I had a "I don't wanna" attitude towards my lung treatments for a few years and lost a lot of ground that I can't get back.

mamerth

There are days when "I just don't wanna". I get back in the routine (treatments) in a day or two and I wonder why I was being so stubborn. It is no fun having this illness and I think we owe it to ourselves to indulge in one in a blue moon " I don't wanna" but don't recommend making it a regular practice. I had a "I don't wanna" attitude towards my lung treatments for a few years and lost a lot of ground that I can't get back.