Fertilization for Men

Mitch Landheer

I am a man with Cystic Fibrosis, and i was wondering if there was a way i could figure out if i was part of the lucky 2% that has working vas deferens.

AmalynRose

I would go to a urologist and they will be able to assist you.

Yes, without going to doctor it would be very difficult to find out on your own if you are fertile. You should be able to get a referral from a family doctor or your CF doctor.

Best of luck to you! I hope you get the results you seek!

Scorp

Also you can do a home test ..

I used to do this home test. You can get a male sperm test at most Pharmacies. If it is not in stock they can order it for you. They are right beside the pregnancy test kits. There will only be 1 or 2 on the shelf. My Wal-greens has it in stock, I checked a couple days ago. I always check my count each time I get a new girlfriend. And mine always comes back with the results I expect. I also like to see if the G/F is willing to give a hand to gather sample. And if they see the results it helps put their mind at ease as far as birth control. They are not cheap it is just under $40.00. But if she helps it is money well spent. Make sure and read the instructions and make sure your G/F (wife) understands them also. Because you should not have sex for several days before the test.........Scorp