Fever with Cayston?

oatmeal28

Hi Everyone,<div><br></div><div>I started Cayston on July 30th along with Cipro. I cannot handle TOBI which is why my doctor wanted me to try this for my recent culture of pseudomonas. So it's been about ten days now and I have been feeling great, but yesterday I started getting really tight at work. As the evening progressed I got a really strong dull headache as well as a dry cough that hurt the direct center of my chest and got the chills. I came home as I was out to dinner and my temp was at 101...I emailed my doc (who I discovered was on vacay) and the covering doctor called me today. As the night went on my fever increased from 101 to 103. She said that this is normal with Cayston right at the 7-10 day marker if you can't tolerate it. She told me to stop it and take tylenol and the cipro and to let her know status in the morning and that it would be gone in 48 hours. Then my actual doctor emailed me saying that the fever was too high to go along with cayston and it maybe something else and i wrote her telling her what the other doc said and haven't heard back...</div><div><br></div><div>Sorry so long but my questions are because i cannot find anything online that is making me feel better about it being higher...is this normal to happen on cayston? is 103 too high of a fever to be associated with this drug (the fever broke at 3pm today, but now it's back at 103--it's 818 EST)?</div><div><br></div><div>Anyone's experiences would be helpful...Many thanks, Emily</div>

oatmeal28

Hi Everyone,<br>I started Cayston on July 30th along with Cipro. I cannot handle TOBI which is why my doctor wanted me to try this for my recent culture of pseudomonas. So it's been about ten days now and I have been feeling great, but yesterday I started getting really tight at work. As the evening progressed I got a really strong dull headache as well as a dry cough that hurt the direct center of my chest and got the chills. I came home as I was out to dinner and my temp was at 101...I emailed my doc (who I discovered was on vacay) and the covering doctor called me today. As the night went on my fever increased from 101 to 103. She said that this is normal with Cayston right at the 7-10 day marker if you can't tolerate it. She told me to stop it and take tylenol and the cipro and to let her know status in the morning and that it would be gone in 48 hours. Then my actual doctor emailed me saying that the fever was too high to go along with cayston and it maybe something else and i wrote her telling her what the other doc said and haven't heard back...<br>Sorry so long but my questions are because i cannot find anything online that is making me feel better about it being higher...is this normal to happen on cayston? is 103 too high of a fever to be associated with this drug (the fever broke at 3pm today, but now it's back at 103--it's 818 EST)?<br>Anyone's experiences would be helpful...Many thanks, Emily

oatmeal28

Hi Everyone,<br>I started Cayston on July 30th along with Cipro. I cannot handle TOBI which is why my doctor wanted me to try this for my recent culture of pseudomonas. So it's been about ten days now and I have been feeling great, but yesterday I started getting really tight at work. As the evening progressed I got a really strong dull headache as well as a dry cough that hurt the direct center of my chest and got the chills. I came home as I was out to dinner and my temp was at 101...I emailed my doc (who I discovered was on vacay) and the covering doctor called me today. As the night went on my fever increased from 101 to 103. She said that this is normal with Cayston right at the 7-10 day marker if you can't tolerate it. She told me to stop it and take tylenol and the cipro and to let her know status in the morning and that it would be gone in 48 hours. Then my actual doctor emailed me saying that the fever was too high to go along with cayston and it maybe something else and i wrote her telling her what the other doc said and haven't heard back...<br>Sorry so long but my questions are because i cannot find anything online that is making me feel better about it being higher...is this normal to happen on cayston? is 103 too high of a fever to be associated with this drug (the fever broke at 3pm today, but now it's back at 103--it's 818 EST)?<br>Anyone's experiences would be helpful...Many thanks, Emily

krisgabes

Oh boy, I wish I had some answers for you, that sounds miserable! It's hard to find a lot of info on Cayston because it is so new. Would you be interested for me to contact my CF doctor  to ask if he has heard of this?

krisgabes

Oh boy, I wish I had some answers for you, that sounds miserable! It's hard to find a lot of info on Cayston because it is so new. Would you be interested for me to contact my CF doctor to ask if he has heard of this?

krisgabes

Oh boy, I wish I had some answers for you, that sounds miserable! It's hard to find a lot of info on Cayston because it is so new. Would you be interested for me to contact my CF doctor to ask if he has heard of this?

Giggles

Not sure about fever with cayston but I do know lately for me around day 10 I start with this tight cough on cayston and I can NOT handle it. So I stopped it. I would think a fever would not be worth pushing through with the cayston unless it was the last and only option..... Sorry I do not have any real good answers! Hang in there!<br>

Giggles

Not sure about fever with cayston but I do know lately for me around day 10 I start with this tight cough on cayston and I can NOT handle it. So I stopped it. I would think a fever would not be worth pushing through with the cayston unless it was the last and only option..... Sorry I do not have any real good answers! Hang in there!<br>

Giggles

oatmeal28

Thanks for your replies! My fever got bad again last night and now it's at a stable 99for most of the day today. @Jennifer- i have that same tight cough and it feels like my ribs and chest are bruised. The headache only comes when the fever comes back. I am hoping that it will stay down for good since it's almost 48 hours since I stopped the Cayston. @Kristen thanks for the offer! yeah i am getting confused b/c both of my doctors are saying different things--I wonder if b/c it is so new that no one knows how everyone may react to it. I emailed my doctor again and hopefully i am feeling better by tomorrow!

oatmeal28

Thanks for your replies! My fever got bad again last night and now it's at a stable 99for most of the day today. @Jennifer- i have that same tight cough and it feels like my ribs and chest are bruised. The headache only comes when the fever comes back. I am hoping that it will stay down for good since it's almost 48 hours since I stopped the Cayston. @Kristen thanks for the offer! yeah i am getting confused b/c both of my doctors are saying different things--I wonder if b/c it is so new that no one knows how everyone may react to it. I emailed my doctor again and hopefully i am feeling better by tomorrow!

oatmeal28

oatmeal28

Okay I am starting to think that it's actually the Cipro...has anyone had these kind of side effects with Cipro?? I have taken it before with no issues and i just took it an hour ago after a fever free day since this morning and an hour later i have a 102 fever :/

oatmeal28

Okay I am starting to think that it's actually the Cipro...has anyone had these kind of side effects with Cipro?? I have taken it before with no issues and i just took it an hour ago after a fever free day since this morning and an hour later i have a 102 fever :/

oatmeal28

nmkarn

I was recently on tobi and cipro. about 10 days into my cipro i started to run a fever just like you and my chest was tight and I was just feeling really bad. My fiancee' said it was time to go to the hospital and I felt so bad we had to go to the emergency room. I took about 2 days in the hospital on antibiotics for my fever to break for good. I have been in the hospital for about 5 days now waiting for my septum culture to come back to make sure I am on the right antibiotics so I can go home. It might not be the same for you but I do know a fever while on antibiotics can be dangerous sometimes you might want to be safe rather than sorry.

nmkarn

I was recently on tobi and cipro. about 10 days into my cipro i started to run a fever just like you and my chest was tight and I was just feeling really bad. My fiancee' said it was time to go to the hospital and I felt so bad we had to go to the emergency room. I took about 2 days in the hospital on antibiotics for my fever to break for good. I have been in the hospital for about 5 days now waiting for my septum culture to come back to make sure I am on the right antibiotics so I can go home. It might not be the same for you but I do know a fever while on antibiotics can be dangerous sometimes you might want to be safe rather than sorry.

nmkarn

Hardak

Generally speaking tightness in the chest and a favor are signs of an allergic reaction. If your reacting to the Cayston tho you would expect to see an improvement in 24-48 hours with out a return of symptoms. Being in contact with your clinic isn't a bad idea. Having a delayed allergic reaction is not uncommon tho. I've heard of people being able to tolerate something for 14 days but day 15 there body freaks out. It was LONG ago they use to do 10 day antibiotic runs then found the 14 day runs where more effective. You may be able to just get away with slugging out a 10 day run on the Cayston then coming off of it and finishing out the Cipro. You could also be reacting to how much Cipro your taking all at once. Doc's can't put me on more then 500mg Cipro at a time.

Keith 30 /w CF

Hardak

Generally speaking tightness in the chest and a favor are signs of an allergic reaction. If your reacting to the Cayston tho you would expect to see an improvement in 24-48 hours with out a return of symptoms. Being in contact with your clinic isn't a bad idea. Having a delayed allergic reaction is not uncommon tho. I've heard of people being able to tolerate something for 14 days but day 15 there body freaks out. It was LONG ago they use to do 10 day antibiotic runs then found the 14 day runs where more effective. You may be able to just get away with slugging out a 10 day run on the Cayston then coming off of it and finishing out the Cipro. You could also be reacting to how much Cipro your taking all at once. Doc's can't put me on more then 500mg Cipro at a time.

Keith 30 /w CF