FEVER

ashton2005

When he swalllows and coughs he acts like it hurts him.. but they never looked in there at the ER.. his sister had strep throat last week also but they told me babies cant get strep... but of course now its the weekend and the only thing to do is tylenol and motrin and his antibiotic.. unless it goes up again then i may call pulmonary we jsut went to our local hospital ER last night not Riley where our CF docs are

debs2girls

Christi, is the rash like sand paper on his tummy? If it is, then he has scarlet fever and yes, babies do get strep...my oldest dd had it all the time when she was a baby/toddler and young child..they took out her toncils about 2 years ago and she hasnt had it since.
Call the dr.

debs2girls

Christi, is the rash like sand paper on his tummy? If it is, then he has scarlet fever and yes, babies do get strep...my oldest dd had it all the time when she was a baby/toddler and young child..they took out her toncils about 2 years ago and she hasnt had it since.
Call the dr.

debs2girls

Call the dr.

L

I think you should check with your doctor again. Yes, babies DO get strep ( your little one has been exposed if his sister has had it in the last week), the fever has been going on for 3 days and now there is a rash.
Remind your doctor about your daughter just getting over strep and I would go so far as to say, " I think I'd like you to do a "rapid strep " on him. ( It's a throat swab the lab can run and KNOW if it is strep in a matter of minutes.)
At anyrate, I agree with debs2girls and think that it's time for another call to your doctor.
For what it's worth, the ER doc should have at least LOOKED at his throat!

L

L

I think you should check with your doctor again. Yes, babies DO get strep ( your little one has been exposed if his sister has had it in the last week), the fever has been going on for 3 days and now there is a rash.
Remind your doctor about your daughter just getting over strep and I would go so far as to say, " I think I'd like you to do a "rapid strep " on him. ( It's a throat swab the lab can run and KNOW if it is strep in a matter of minutes.)
At anyrate, I agree with debs2girls and think that it's time for another call to your doctor.

L

L

L

babimam

I would call cf doc. The rash may be nothing more than a fever rash but you never know. The first thing they should have done with a fever that high was take a throat swab. Having been through this many times I would take him back to ER also, if you can. Fevers always have made me nervous in my little guy and better be safe and make a pest of yourself than regret not being a pain after.
Good luck !

babimam

I would call cf doc. The rash may be nothing more than a fever rash but you never know. The first thing they should have done with a fever that high was take a throat swab. Having been through this many times I would take him back to ER also, if you can. Fevers always have made me nervous in my little guy and better be safe and make a pest of yourself than regret not being a pain after.
Good luck !

babimam

Good luck !

zoe4life

Christi,

Zoe had a fever like that about a month ago. It was awlful. She ended up having to go on Zithromax to get rid of everything. Her fever lasted for 5 days, then went a way for2 days,only to come back . She also had a dry rash, and was itching. That ended up being an eczema flair up due to her body's immune system being so low. She had never had eczema before, so we didn't realize that is what it was. The derm. gave her a really good prescription cream that took care of it.
Good luck with your little one, I know it isn't easy.

zoe4life

Christi,

Zoe had a fever like that about a month ago. It was awlful. She ended up having to go on Zithromax to get rid of everything. Her fever lasted for 5 days, then went a way for2 days,only to come back . She also had a dry rash, and was itching. That ended up being an eczema flair up due to her body's immune system being so low. She had never had eczema before, so we didn't realize that is what it was. The derm. gave her a really good prescription cream that took care of it.

zoe4life

Christi,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Christi,

I also think it's wise to get a strep test on ashton, when my son had strep(no CF) he broke out in a rash on his belly.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Christi,

I also think it's wise to get a strep test on ashton, when my son had strep(no CF) he broke out in a rash on his belly.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Christi,

mommy2bcw2

Just another thought... He maybe allergic to Bactrim? My oldest had a rash with Omecief and had a very bad red pimply rash itchy everywhere even in her hair! And i would check his urine? She also had a urinary tract infection. Later diagnosed with kidney reflux.