Fevers

ashersmom

I do not use the forum much, but I need help. I have a 7 month old son (Asher) with CF. He has been running fevers 102-104.2 and no other symptoms. We have been giving tylenol and motrin, it knocks it down for a little while and then it goes back up. Our family doctor (who I have complete faith in) has done a thorough check and can not find anything. He said if Asher was still running a fever in the morning he was going to call our CF doctor for some insight ( he is not afraid of a 2nd opinion). Does anyone else get unexplainable fevers like this. This is his first one, just not sure if it is common for people with CF to get fevers like this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ashersmom

I do not use the forum much, but I need help. I have a 7 month old son (Asher) with CF. He has been running fevers 102-104.2 and no other symptoms. We have been giving tylenol and motrin, it knocks it down for a little while and then it goes back up. Our family doctor (who I have complete faith in) has done a thorough check and can not find anything. He said if Asher was still running a fever in the morning he was going to call our CF doctor for some insight ( he is not afraid of a 2nd opinion). Does anyone else get unexplainable fevers like this. This is his first one, just not sure if it is common for people with CF to get fevers like this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ashersmom

ashersmom

ashersmom

dasjsmum

Hi

My kids usually only get fevers when they have a viral infection of some kind. I wouldn't say fevers were a cf 'thing', but a person might get them with a chest infection (although mine never have), or related to attached external devices (such as PICC lines etc), or perhaps if there was an intestinal blockage (you would have other symptoms, pain).

I would guess your little fellow has a viral infection not related to cf, but you will feel better if your cf doctor checks him out I am sure.

dasjsmum

Hi

My kids usually only get fevers when they have a viral infection of some kind. I wouldn't say fevers were a cf 'thing', but a person might get them with a chest infection (although mine never have), or related to attached external devices (such as PICC lines etc), or perhaps if there was an intestinal blockage (you would have other symptoms, pain).

I would guess your little fellow has a viral infection not related to cf, but you will feel better if your cf doctor checks him out I am sure.

dasjsmum

Hi

dasjsmum

Hi

dasjsmum

Hi

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS used to only get fevers when he got ear infections. That was his only symptom and I seem to recall one time the wax in his ear was so thick and sticky, that the doctor had to remove it before he could see anything.

So anytime he had a fever, I usually took him in to have his ears check; however, when he was about 16-18 months, he went thru a couple fussy phases where I'd check and sure enough, he had a fever. No other symptoms. So it was either viral and after a few days went away OR a tooth would pop out.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS used to only get fevers when he got ear infections. That was his only symptom and I seem to recall one time the wax in his ear was so thick and sticky, that the doctor had to remove it before he could see anything.

So anytime he had a fever, I usually took him in to have his ears check; however, when he was about 16-18 months, he went thru a couple fussy phases where I'd check and sure enough, he had a fever. No other symptoms. So it was either viral and after a few days went away OR a tooth would pop out.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

purplemartin

I have always been told by Briceton's CF docs that, and not to scare you, but pseudo can bring on high fevers. Although we are actually in the hospital right now with pseduo, I do have to say that Briceton did not run a fever, actualy he really showed no symptoms excpt for an increase cough.

Has your childs ped. done a throat culture?

purplemartin

I have always been told by Briceton's CF docs that, and not to scare you, but pseudo can bring on high fevers. Although we are actually in the hospital right now with pseduo, I do have to say that Briceton did not run a fever, actualy he really showed no symptoms excpt for an increase cough.

purplemartin

purplemartin

purplemartin