Fighting to do the vest

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Max usually starts off by saying no or saying he'll do the vest if we let him do it slow. Once we get the vest on him, pick out his favorite show. We've been recording several of his favorites, so he can choose whatever he wants, gets a snack and he's usually good to go. So we have initial problems once in a while when he's overly tired, but once we get started, turn up the speed, volume on the tv, we're good to go.

He claims he wants CPT instead, but when he used to get CPT, he'd try to get out of that, too.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Max usually starts off by saying no or saying he'll do the vest if we let him do it slow. Once we get the vest on him, pick out his favorite show. We've been recording several of his favorites, so he can choose whatever he wants, gets a snack and he's usually good to go. So we have initial problems once in a while when he's overly tired, but once we get started, turn up the speed, volume on the tv, we're good to go.

He claims he wants CPT instead, but when he used to get CPT, he'd try to get out of that, too.

consmom

My son got the vest about three years ago, we had trouble in the beginning but he has a mean mommy lol, I started by taking away his tv time until he sat down and did his vest. That worked. Then I found a Godsend, Starwars arrived at our house. My son realized that he kind of looked like Darth Vader in his vest. So we went out and bought the voice changer and he would put it on to hear himself talk. It was histerical but it worked. Now we have very little problems and we sit and watch a movie or read or goof around. Where there is a will there is a way they say I only wish I had the will of a 5 year odl lol . Now I am hoping that the Darth Vader works for his pending gtube.

consmom

My son got the vest about three years ago, we had trouble in the beginning but he has a mean mommy lol, I started by taking away his tv time until he sat down and did his vest. That worked. Then I found a Godsend, Starwars arrived at our house. My son realized that he kind of looked like Darth Vader in his vest. So we went out and bought the voice changer and he would put it on to hear himself talk. It was histerical but it worked. Now we have very little problems and we sit and watch a movie or read or goof around. Where there is a will there is a way they say I only wish I had the will of a 5 year odl lol . Now I am hoping that the Darth Vader works for his pending gtube.

consmom