Financial Aid and CF

phutton

When I went to college BVR, Bureau of Vocational Rehabilation paid for my tuition, room, board, and books for all five years!! I could live on or off campus and they paid for it!! I believe it is federally funded. I know in Ohio it is by county. I hope this helps.

phutton

When I went to college BVR, Bureau of Vocational Rehabilation paid for my tuition, room, board, and books for all five years!! I could live on or off campus and they paid for it!! I believe it is federally funded. I know in Ohio it is by county. I hope this helps.

phutton

phutton

phutton

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Transplantmommy

I only went to a Community College but I did fill out all of the financial aid stuff and no where did it factor in medical costs. The only thing that they took into consideration was how many children my parents were supporting and what their income was. Since my Mom and Dad had been separated since 1986 and my Dad was of no financial help whatsoever, they only factored in my Mom's income and being that she had 4 children, I got full financial aid. I didn't pay a single penny for college other than the gas to get there and back home (which was only a 5 minute drive). Because of receiving financial aid, Nate and I held off our wedding until after I graduated.

Transplantmommy

I only went to a Community College but I did fill out all of the financial aid stuff and no where did it factor in medical costs. The only thing that they took into consideration was how many children my parents were supporting and what their income was. Since my Mom and Dad had been separated since 1986 and my Dad was of no financial help whatsoever, they only factored in my Mom's income and being that she had 4 children, I got full financial aid. I didn't pay a single penny for college other than the gas to get there and back home (which was only a 5 minute drive). Because of receiving financial aid, Nate and I held off our wedding until after I graduated.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

julie

For us YES, but it was easier for us than it might be for you guys because Mark and I were married so they couldn't account for his parents income.

First step is to submit a FASFA, which takes a few weeks to process. then the school you requested it to be sent to will contact you, usually requesting a few more forms. There should be a "special consideration" form (or something like that, maybe a different name) that you can submit to list things like, Higher than average rent/mortgage, out of pocket medical expenses.

Submitting that information will help lower the "Expected Family Contribution" (EFC), and will, based on the budget the school has allocated, give you (hopefully) more access to state need grants, federal pell grants, school based scholarships and private .

Good luck!

julie

For us YES, but it was easier for us than it might be for you guys because Mark and I were married so they couldn't account for his parents income.

First step is to submit a FASFA, which takes a few weeks to process. then the school you requested it to be sent to will contact you, usually requesting a few more forms. There should be a "special consideration" form (or something like that, maybe a different name) that you can submit to list things like, Higher than average rent/mortgage, out of pocket medical expenses.

Submitting that information will help lower the "Expected Family Contribution" (EFC), and will, based on the budget the school has allocated, give you (hopefully) more access to state need grants, federal pell grants, school based scholarships and private .

Good luck!

julie

Good luck!

julie

Good luck!

julie

<br />
<br />First step is to submit a FASFA, which takes a few weeks to process. then the school you requested it to be sent to will contact you, usually requesting a few more forms. There should be a "special consideration" form (or something like that, maybe a different name) that you can submit to list things like, Higher than average rent/mortgage, out of pocket medical expenses.
<br />
<br />Submitting that information will help lower the "Expected Family Contribution" (EFC), and will, based on the budget the school has allocated, give you (hopefully) more access to state need grants, federal pell grants, school based scholarships and private .
<br />
<br />Good luck!