Fine white powder coating on nebs?

M

marcijo

I boiled my nebs last night (I do it in the microwave) in our regular water like I normally do and after they dried there was a fine white powder all over them.
So I went out and bought some distilled water and boiled it in that tonight. Same thing!
So I wiped them off the best I could and am doing my nebs...hopefully it is ok! I hate the thought of any of that white powder getting in my lungs!
Any idea of what it could be?

M

marcijo

I boiled my nebs last night (I do it in the microwave) in our regular water like I normally do and after they dried there was a fine white powder all over them.
So I went out and bought some distilled water and boiled it in that tonight. Same thing!
So I wiped them off the best I could and am doing my nebs...hopefully it is ok! I hate the thought of any of that white powder getting in my lungs!

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

M

marcijo

<br />So I went out and bought some distilled water and boiled it in that tonight. Same thing!
<br />So I wiped them off the best I could and am doing my nebs...hopefully it is ok! I hate the thought of any of that white powder getting in my lungs!
<br />Any idea of what it could be?

dasjsmum

Are the nebs very old? Maybe the plastic is breaking down? I would have said maybe something in the water, but since you used distilled...do you add a bit of detergent when you boil them? I usually do.

dasjsmum

Are the nebs very old? Maybe the plastic is breaking down? I would have said maybe something in the water, but since you used distilled...do you add a bit of detergent when you boil them? I usually do.

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

dasjsmum

Jana

That has happened to me before also if I pulled my nebs out of the boiling water as soon as they were done. I'm not sure what causes it, but I've found it doesn't happen if I let them stay in the water until it cools a bit.

Jana

That has happened to me before also if I pulled my nebs out of the boiling water as soon as they were done. I'm not sure what causes it, but I've found it doesn't happen if I let them stay in the water until it cools a bit.

Jana

Jana

Jana

Kristen

It's most likely the calcium carbonate in the water settling onto your nebs. When you boil the water, it evaporates off, meaning there is less water for the calcium carbonate to dissolve it, so it comes out of solution onto the nebs. Soaking them in a vinegar solution should help.

Kristen

It's most likely the calcium carbonate in the water settling onto your nebs. When you boil the water, it evaporates off, meaning there is less water for the calcium carbonate to dissolve it, so it comes out of solution onto the nebs. Soaking them in a vinegar solution should help.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen