Fine white powder coating on nebs?

TwistedTanya

Yea, I heard it's from the minerals in the water. I still used them b/c I was afraid to wipe them off and then leave lint or something from the paper towel in the neb. Now I just soak it in hot soapy water and rinse out and then once a week I use Control Cleaning Solution for medical equipment. I heard Vinegar works too.

TwistedTanya

Yea, I heard it's from the minerals in the water. I still used them b/c I was afraid to wipe them off and then leave lint or something from the paper towel in the neb. Now I just soak it in hot soapy water and rinse out and then once a week I use Control Cleaning Solution for medical equipment. I heard Vinegar works too.

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

TwistedTanya

tabbycat821

I've had the same problems with my sons nebs and I just used them anyways and they were fine. We were told not to use vinegar because it clings to the nebs and is inhaled.

tabbycat821

I've had the same problems with my sons nebs and I just used them anyways and they were fine. We were told not to use vinegar because it clings to the nebs and is inhaled.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

marisalynn

Ya. I believe it is from the chemicals in your water. We have very hard water where we live and I have the same issue.

Marisa 21 w/CF

marisalynn

Ya. I believe it is from the chemicals in your water. We have very hard water where we live and I have the same issue.

Marisa 21 w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa 21 w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa 21 w/CF

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa 21 w/CF

AnD

Mine is mineral build up in our water- sometimes it is worse than others- lately (several months), it hasn't been a problem. When it happens, I soak them in a 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar solution for at least 10 minutes. Then I wash them in dishsoap and rinse with water, then boil.

I've never heard of vinegar staying on the nebs, only that it shouldn't be used as a disinfectant. Is this after washing with dishsoap and boiling, or after simply rinsing with water?

AnD

Mine is mineral build up in our water- sometimes it is worse than others- lately (several months), it hasn't been a problem. When it happens, I soak them in a 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar solution for at least 10 minutes. Then I wash them in dishsoap and rinse with water, then boil.

I've never heard of vinegar staying on the nebs, only that it shouldn't be used as a disinfectant. Is this after washing with dishsoap and boiling, or after simply rinsing with water?

AnD

AnD

AnD

<br />
<br />I've never heard of vinegar staying on the nebs, only that it shouldn't be used as a disinfectant. Is this after washing with dishsoap and boiling, or after simply rinsing with water?