First Camping Trip

izemmom

Funny that you posted this. We are taking Emily on her first camping trip, too. We are just going tomorrow night to a site that is close to home. We'll be tenting it, through.

The pump has battery back up, so I think we'll hook her up after she and Isabelle are asleep. We'll have to listen to the "Waaaah uuuuush" of the pump all night, but we can manage.

I'm more nervous about not having the vest and nebs along. We'll do a very early mornig treatment and then one mid-day before we leave, then do one as soon as we get home and another after she's conked out for the night, so we won't miss any, but the spacing will be different than normal.

Enjoy your trip! We'll have to compare notes after!

izemmom

Funny that you posted this. We are taking Emily on her first camping trip, too. We are just going tomorrow night to a site that is close to home. We'll be tenting it, through.

The pump has battery back up, so I think we'll hook her up after she and Isabelle are asleep. We'll have to listen to the "Waaaah uuuuush" of the pump all night, but we can manage.

I'm more nervous about not having the vest and nebs along. We'll do a very early mornig treatment and then one mid-day before we leave, then do one as soon as we get home and another after she's conked out for the night, so we won't miss any, but the spacing will be different than normal.

izemmom

izemmom

izemmom

<br />
<br />The pump has battery back up, so I think we'll hook her up after she and Isabelle are asleep. We'll have to listen to the "Waaaah uuuuush" of the pump all night, but we can manage.
<br />
<br />I'm more nervous about not having the vest and nebs along. We'll do a very early mornig treatment and then one mid-day before we leave, then do one as soon as we get home and another after she's conked out for the night, so we won't miss any, but the spacing will be different than normal.
<br />
<br />Enjoy your trip! We'll have to compare notes after!

fourkidsmom

We take everything like normal camping. We have an old camper (no running water in camper, but do have electric) but I know even if we just had a tent I would still do the night feedings. It really isn't a vacation for me but the kids have fun and I am secure in feeling he is getting all his treatments, med's and night feedings. You have to do what you are comfortable with -- this is what I do.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

We take everything like normal camping. We have an old camper (no running water in camper, but do have electric) but I know even if we just had a tent I would still do the night feedings. It really isn't a vacation for me but the kids have fun and I am secure in feeling he is getting all his treatments, med's and night feedings. You have to do what you are comfortable with -- this is what I do.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

<br />
<br />Fourkidsmom

JennyCoulon

I am taking the treatment items such as nebulizers, vest, etc. I just didn't know about the tube feeds. Thanks for the inputs, I will review everyday for new posting. Thanks,

JennyCoulon

I am taking the treatment items such as nebulizers, vest, etc. I just didn't know about the tube feeds. Thanks for the inputs, I will review everyday for new posting. Thanks,

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

JennyCoulon

Transplantmommy

I just wanted to add that once a year every year when I was younger, I would go camping with my Grandma for the weekend. We normally did not have electricity, so I would miss my treatments for that weekend. This was the point where my lungs were really good though and I didn't get out of breath as much. If your son gets out of breath a lot it would be very smart to bring the nebs. As for the vest, you don't really need that. If he really needs some CPT, you can always do it by hand (if you know how).

I have never had to deal with a g-tube so I can't give you any advice on that. I hope that you all have fun!!!

Transplantmommy

I just wanted to add that once a year every year when I was younger, I would go camping with my Grandma for the weekend. We normally did not have electricity, so I would miss my treatments for that weekend. This was the point where my lungs were really good though and I didn't get out of breath as much. If your son gets out of breath a lot it would be very smart to bring the nebs. As for the vest, you don't really need that. If he really needs some CPT, you can always do it by hand (if you know how).

I have never had to deal with a g-tube so I can't give you any advice on that. I hope that you all have fun!!!

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />I have never had to deal with a g-tube so I can't give you any advice on that. I hope that you all have fun!!!