FIRST COLD

mamax3

Okay so my little girl is coming down with her very first cold/illness, she is 5 1/2 months old and of course has cf. I was wondering if there is anything to look for to know if it is more serious than just a common illness that we all get. I know that alot of you have children that are older and have gone thru this so I am needing some reassurance. As you can imagine I am nervous about how she will handle this cold. She did not have any lung issues yet so she just uses her neb once a day as a preventative measure and we do the cpt also a a preventative so I am hoping that this will help with the cold and she goes back to the clinic for her check up in 6 days. So enough rambling is there something that I need to look for to know if I need to take her in since we are going into a weekend. My other daughter and I both have asthma so I know what to look for regarding to breathing. Please share your advise and expertise. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------
mother of 3 - Lexis 11yrs, Chandler 6 yrs, and Avery w/cf 5 1/2 months.

mamax3

Okay so my little girl is coming down with her very first cold/illness, she is 5 1/2 months old and of course has cf. I was wondering if there is anything to look for to know if it is more serious than just a common illness that we all get. I know that alot of you have children that are older and have gone thru this so I am needing some reassurance. As you can imagine I am nervous about how she will handle this cold. She did not have any lung issues yet so she just uses her neb once a day as a preventative measure and we do the cpt also a a preventative so I am hoping that this will help with the cold and she goes back to the clinic for her check up in 6 days. So enough rambling is there something that I need to look for to know if I need to take her in since we are going into a weekend. My other daughter and I both have asthma so I know what to look for regarding to breathing. Please share your advise and expertise. Thanks.

mamax3

mamax3

mamax3

<br />
<br />-------------------------------------------
<br />mother of 3 - Lexis 11yrs, Chandler 6 yrs, and Avery w/cf 5 1/2 months.

T

Terry

Hi Mamax,

I would keep an eye out for fevers and any mucous that is not clear and running. Riss usually does really well when she gets a cold. We don't give her anything to stop the coughing, our docs say the more she coughs the better. We do run a vaporizer for her. She gets put on antibiotics right away if she starts with a temperature or if her "snot" (sorry, we're all used to it here, right?) isn't clear and runny. We do give an extra chest therapy session when she is ill. She has a Mickey button, so we also add water to her nightly feeding tube to help keep things thin. With a 5 1/2 month old baby getting the extra water in would be the problem.

Relax and take a deep breath. Since your baby is otherwise healthy, it should be okay. My asthmatic son actually gave me more problems with a cold than Riss does with CF.

T

Terry

Hi Mamax,

I would keep an eye out for fevers and any mucous that is not clear and running. Riss usually does really well when she gets a cold. We don't give her anything to stop the coughing, our docs say the more she coughs the better. We do run a vaporizer for her. She gets put on antibiotics right away if she starts with a temperature or if her "snot" (sorry, we're all used to it here, right?) isn't clear and runny. We do give an extra chest therapy session when she is ill. She has a Mickey button, so we also add water to her nightly feeding tube to help keep things thin. With a 5 1/2 month old baby getting the extra water in would be the problem.

Relax and take a deep breath. Since your baby is otherwise healthy, it should be okay. My asthmatic son actually gave me more problems with a cold than Riss does with CF.

T

Terry

Hi Mamax,

T

Terry

Hi Mamax,

T

Terry

Hi Mamax,
<br />
<br />I would keep an eye out for fevers and any mucous that is not clear and running. Riss usually does really well when she gets a cold. We don't give her anything to stop the coughing, our docs say the more she coughs the better. We do run a vaporizer for her. She gets put on antibiotics right away if she starts with a temperature or if her "snot" (sorry, we're all used to it here, right?) isn't clear and runny. We do give an extra chest therapy session when she is ill. She has a Mickey button, so we also add water to her nightly feeding tube to help keep things thin. With a 5 1/2 month old baby getting the extra water in would be the problem.
<br />
<br />Relax and take a deep breath. Since your baby is otherwise healthy, it should be okay. My asthmatic son actually gave me more problems with a cold than Riss does with CF.