First IUI Unsuccessful :(

serendipity730

Hi all,

As some of you know, I had my first IUI earlier this month. Unfortunately, I got my period today. I know it can often take multiple attempts, but I was hoping that I could be one of the lucky ones that it worked for on the first try. After over a year of TTC, this felt like the first REAL chance to get pregnant. I'm trying to focus on the positive and the upcoming holidays, but I definitely could use some words of hope from other ppl who'vebeen successful IUI.

point

It is really tough. I vividly remember how excited/scared we both were with our first IUI. In our heads, we truly thought it was going to be our moment. We tried our first IUI attempt in the month of Sept so I am sure finding a neg HPT in the month of Dec with your first IUI stings even that much more. Hang in there.

Fertility challenges, I feel, are some of the hardest issues to work through. CF is hard, but it is a different type of challenge for fertility. We were unexplained infertility though I had a lot of spotting post-ovulation. We went through 3 medicated IUI's (with month breaks inbetween) then took a few months off. We then got the Dr to agree to allow the use of progesterone supplements post-o along with another 2 medicated IUI's. We found out we were pregnant on the 5th IUI. William is 10 months this month and I had a couple of teary moments of gratitude this past weekend remembering how difficult the past couple of Christmases had been on us.

I've known quite a few people (CF & non-CF) who were successful with their 2nd IUI's. While I would have loved to get pregnant within that first year of trying, or even with the first 1-2 IUI's, having our son in our life now erases all the 'I wishes...' that had come along with wanting a family. Once you have your family (whether through biological, 'natural' pregnancy, assisted pregnancy or adoption) you will cherish it.

Good luck & best wishes!

jennyg

Very tough! I am in the same boat as u. Ttc for over a yr now. Just found out yesterday that iui #2 did not work. And it feels like no one understands what we r going through. Have u tried accununcture ? It works great to keep u relaxed. I cried all day yesterday and today, had accupuncture this afternoon and much better tonite. Have use anyway possible to stay positive! U will b in my prayers! Pm me if u wanna chat more, it's always nice to have someone to talk to.