first PICC in 12 years, major blood

Kelli

OK, so when my port get accessed I get MAJORLY sick (fevers of 103 and higher, head ache, body ache, vomitting, etc). So today I opted for a PICC instead of my port. So far I'm not sick (The PICC lady said she thinks my port is infected...will have that tested).

SO....I have this PICC but the whole tegaderm is full of blood. What do I do? Fix this at home? Drive an hour back to the hosp? Clean it and tape it? I have no idea.

Any advice would help. I have no pain, it's flushing fine, etc. just bloody.

Thanks!
Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

OK, so when my port get accessed I get MAJORLY sick (fevers of 103 and higher, head ache, body ache, vomitting, etc). So today I opted for a PICC instead of my port. So far I'm not sick (The PICC lady said she thinks my port is infected...will have that tested).

SO....I have this PICC but the whole tegaderm is full of blood. What do I do? Fix this at home? Drive an hour back to the hosp? Clean it and tape it? I have no idea.

Thanks!
Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

Thanks!
Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

Thanks!
Kelli
30 f CF

Kelli

<br />
<br />SO....I have this PICC but the whole tegaderm is full of blood. What do I do? Fix this at home? Drive an hour back to the hosp? Clean it and tape it? I have no idea.
<br />
<br />Any advice would help. I have no pain, it's flushing fine, etc. just bloody.
<br />
<br />Thanks!
<br />Kelli
<br />30 f CF

M

Mommafirst

Do you have a home health care nurse? I'd give them a call, maybe they can come check it out??

M

Mommafirst

Do you have a home health care nurse? I'd give them a call, maybe they can come check it out??

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

mneville

Aidan's were always bloody as well. The dressings would be all bloodied when the nurse would change them. I wouldn't worry too much unless it's really coming out alot and doesn't slow down. I was always appalled at Aidan's blood but they said it was fine.

Megan

M

mneville

Aidan's were always bloody as well. The dressings would be all bloodied when the nurse would change them. I wouldn't worry too much unless it's really coming out alot and doesn't slow down. I was always appalled at Aidan's blood but they said it was fine.

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan

Giggles

I get super sick like you described everytime I start IV drugs. Doc explained it is the bacteria dying off and being released into bloodstream and that can cause major sickness. Your picc should not be oozing blood. You need to get a nurse to check it out and change dressings.

Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I get super sick like you described everytime I start IV drugs. Doc explained it is the bacteria dying off and being released into bloodstream and that can cause major sickness. Your picc should not be oozing blood. You need to get a nurse to check it out and change dressings.

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles

<br />
<br />
<br />Jennifer 36 years old with CF and CFRD