First signs of CF?

CFMOM65

hi i found out that i was a carrier as so was dad when iwas 18 weeks pregnant , so we knew there was a possibility that she may have cf . she showed symptoms right away with failure to gain weight and she ate alot but would not gain any weight she just kept loosing. she had a sweat test at 2 weeks old it was a pos 110 it was then she was diagnosed w / cf she also had the dna screening wich showed also that she had cf w / th df508 mutation. she had a very rough 1st yr of life but shes 16 mnths old now and this 2nd yr has been much better. best of luck

cfmom65

daughter 9 yrs old w/o cf & baby girl 16 mnths old w / cf

CFMOM65

hi i found out that i was a carrier as so was dad when iwas 18 weeks pregnant , so we knew there was a possibility that she may have cf . she showed symptoms right away with failure to gain weight and she ate alot but would not gain any weight she just kept loosing. she had a sweat test at 2 weeks old it was a pos 110 it was then she was diagnosed w / cf she also had the dna screening wich showed also that she had cf w / th df508 mutation. she had a very rough 1st yr of life but shes 16 mnths old now and this 2nd yr has been much better. best of luck

cfmom65

CFMOM65

cfmom65

superlogan

My son was diagnosed at 1 month because he ate like a horse darn near every hour and continued to loose weight. He also had a stool what felt like every 10 minutes. It was always large, shiny, and smelly beyond belief. When he started the creon with his meals things improved so much. He has one bowel movement a day, and we always know when he is having a cf issue just by the consistency of his stool and his gassyness. He is ten months old and already the meds and daily things he has to have are routine for him and us. The sooner the diagnosis the better.

superlogan

My son was diagnosed at 1 month because he ate like a horse darn near every hour and continued to loose weight. He also had a stool what felt like every 10 minutes. It was always large, shiny, and smelly beyond belief. When he started the creon with his meals things improved so much. He has one bowel movement a day, and we always know when he is having a cf issue just by the consistency of his stool and his gassyness. He is ten months old and already the meds and daily things he has to have are routine for him and us. The sooner the diagnosis the better.

superlogan