First sinus surgery, what do I expect???

babyjaden2004

Jaden will be having sinus surgery on June 25th at Childrens in Pittsburgh. I searched about it here but what do I need to be prepared for as far a recovery goes?? We aren't sure if she'll be in overnight or not. She is 3 soon to be 4 in July.

babyjaden2004

Jaden will be having sinus surgery on June 25th at Childrens in Pittsburgh. I searched about it here but what do I need to be prepared for as far a recovery goes?? We aren't sure if she'll be in overnight or not. She is 3 soon to be 4 in July.

babyjaden2004

babyjaden2004

babyjaden2004

Juliet

When I had polyps removed last year (pre CF DX) it was outpatient. My surgeon doesn't believe in 'packing' the sinuses with gauze, avoiding the removal process. But that requires judicious irrigation post surgery. And (this is going to sound gross) but it takes several doc visits a week or two apart post surgery where the doc does a 'professional nose picking' to remove the accumulated scabs. That was the worst part IMO. The surgery wasn't too big a deal. I'm not sure how it will be for a child though. Hopefully someone else can chime in. ~J

Juliet

When I had polyps removed last year (pre CF DX) it was outpatient. My surgeon doesn't believe in 'packing' the sinuses with gauze, avoiding the removal process. But that requires judicious irrigation post surgery. And (this is going to sound gross) but it takes several doc visits a week or two apart post surgery where the doc does a 'professional nose picking' to remove the accumulated scabs. That was the worst part IMO. The surgery wasn't too big a deal. I'm not sure how it will be for a child though. Hopefully someone else can chime in. ~J

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet

babyjaden2004

Our ENT doesn't pack the nose either, he says it is to painful and to expect drainage. I'm just not sure how much pain she will be in and what to expect. I fiqured we'd be travling back and forth quite often till she is healed. Thanks for the info.

babyjaden2004

Our ENT doesn't pack the nose either, he says it is to painful and to expect drainage. I'm just not sure how much pain she will be in and what to expect. I fiqured we'd be travling back and forth quite often till she is healed. Thanks for the info.

babyjaden2004

babyjaden2004

babyjaden2004

M

mneville

My son Aidan has had two sinus surgeries, one at age 1 and one at age 3. He did Great both times! He had no side effects, no noticeable pain, no packing. I don't even think he needed Tylenol for the second one. So best of luck. His sinuses are always so much better afterwards!
Megan

M

mneville

My son Aidan has had two sinus surgeries, one at age 1 and one at age 3. He did Great both times! He had no side effects, no noticeable pain, no packing. I don't even think he needed Tylenol for the second one. So best of luck. His sinuses are always so much better afterwards!
Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />Megan