First time on IVs and very tired

running4life

Hello,
This is my first time on IVs and I'm wondering if it's normal to feel so tired. I am on my 14th day of a 21 day course of Tobramycin and Zosyn and I'm very tired. I just turned 25 and have never been hospitalized for CF so this is all new to me. My lung function dropped to 57% when I was admitted. Two days ago, it was 74% and I'm typically in the low 90s and upper 80s.

I'm sleeping 10-12 hours each night and eating plenty. I've gained all the weight back that I lost. I'm absolutely exhausted by the end of the day and most days have to take a 1-3 hour nap. Is it normal to be so tired? I have the whole month of March off from work so that's not an issue, but I've got to start feeling more normal. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

running4life

Hello,
This is my first time on IVs and I'm wondering if it's normal to feel so tired. I am on my 14th day of a 21 day course of Tobramycin and Zosyn and I'm very tired. I just turned 25 and have never been hospitalized for CF so this is all new to me. My lung function dropped to 57% when I was admitted. Two days ago, it was 74% and I'm typically in the low 90s and upper 80s.

I'm sleeping 10-12 hours each night and eating plenty. I've gained all the weight back that I lost. I'm absolutely exhausted by the end of the day and most days have to take a 1-3 hour nap. Is it normal to be so tired? I have the whole month of March off from work so that's not an issue, but I've got to start feeling more normal. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Havoc

Have they done a complete blood count with a HgB /Hct? Some people have hemolytic anemia with Zosyn.

Havoc

Have they done a complete blood count with a HgB /Hct? Some people have hemolytic anemia with Zosyn.

running4life

Dr. said all my numbers looked good from my blood work they've been doing every week. Not sure what that means. He mentioned specifically no anemia.

running4life

Dr. said all my numbers looked good from my blood work they've been doing every week. Not sure what that means. He mentioned specifically no anemia.

Havoc

Well, perhaps your just zonked from being sick. I get very tired as well when I have a nasty infection brewing.

Havoc

Well, perhaps your just zonked from being sick. I get very tired as well when I have a nasty infection brewing.