Floating/Swimming

Havoc

There could be lots of factors, like not being relaxed in the water. However, if you want to float anything there must be a correct surface area to weight ratio (you might remember when MIT, I think it was, made a concrete canoe, which floated). If you have a small framed person who weighs enough (like me at 5'7" and 148#) it's very difficult to float.

Havoc

There could be lots of factors, like not being relaxed in the water. However, if you want to float anything there must be a correct surface area to weight ratio (you might remember when MIT, I think it was, made a concrete canoe, which floated). If you have a small framed person who weighs enough (like me at 5'7" and 148#) it's very difficult to float.

Havoc

Havoc

Havoc

Jakob

Just wanted to chime in and say that I also have this problem. Not sure why, but I've never been able to float/swim well despite taking lessons.

Jakob

Just wanted to chime in and say that I also have this problem. Not sure why, but I've never been able to float/swim well despite taking lessons.

Jakob

Jakob

Jakob

rubyroselee

This is interesting to me because I thought CFers were supposed to float easier than other people. I recall back when I went to CF camp as a child and most the children used to be able to float in the pool really well. The respiratory therapist said that because CF lungs have air trapping we tend to float better!

rubyroselee

This is interesting to me because I thought CFers were supposed to float easier than other people. I recall back when I went to CF camp as a child and most the children used to be able to float in the pool really well. The respiratory therapist said that because CF lungs have air trapping we tend to float better!

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

rubyroselee

T

tarheel

yea I float super super well. Don't know why. In fact I have trouble diving and swimming under the water. If i "lay on my stomach" in the water, I can't sink. Can't.

T

tarheel

yea I float super super well. Don't know why. In fact I have trouble diving and swimming under the water. If i "lay on my stomach" in the water, I can't sink. Can't.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel