Flu Mist Clinic at my daughter's school

ReneeP

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to me! I really appreciate your thoughts!<br>I called the school board yesterday to clarify exactly when and where the clinics were going to take place and to express my concerns. I also talked to my girls and explained the situation to them... that there is a slight risk and, though it's unlikely they would get sick, if they knew for sure that someone had had the flu mist, don't be hugging on them and that type of thing. <br>The way the school is doing the clinic is they are going to a different school each day between 3:00 and 5:00 and parents can bring their kids in to get the flu mist. Other family members can get it as well. So they will only be at my girl's actual schools once. That made me feel better. Thou I'm still surprised that they are even doing this at the schools...<br>I also had a bit of a "DUH" moment at 3:00 this morning when I couldn't sleep... it suddenly dawned on me that there is a way bigger risk of the girls catching the flu from a couple of kids at school having the flu than from several having had the flu mist... they normally get their flu shots at their CF clinic but we've had to cancel the last two we scheduled due to family emergencies for which we had to go out of state. Our CF clinic is six hours away from home so we can't just run in on a moment's notice... of course we could have simply gone to Walgreens but honestly it never really occurred to me until this came up....<br>Again, thanks so much for all your thoughts and opinions. Sometimes I just need to hear what other people think to make me feel better!<br><br>

I think you should get the girls shot - vacciations - It takes about 2 weeks for the vaccination to work fully. That is what Asia's pediatrian told us when we did a flu vaccination a bit late last year. And also she said that its good to do even a bit late cause in march there is a second flu season usually.

I think you should get the girls shot - vacciations - It takes about 2 weeks for the vaccination to work fully. That is what Asia's pediatrian told us when we did a flu vaccination a bit late last year. And also she said that its good to do even a bit late cause in march there is a second flu season usually.