Food

LiVeLaUgHLoVe

My doctors are driving me crazy...they are always giving me new ways to gain weight. But I don't want to gain any weight...when I eat all the junk food they give me (like the Scandishakes and stuff) I just plain don't feel good and I don't think it's worth it. I am in about the 25th percentile for weight, and I think that's good enough, so why can't my doctors? Why do they want to keep forcing me to eat when I feel perfectly healthy right now?

LiVeLaUgHLoVe

My doctors are driving me crazy...they are always giving me new ways to gain weight. But I don't want to gain any weight...when I eat all the junk food they give me (like the Scandishakes and stuff) I just plain don't feel good and I don't think it's worth it. I am in about the 25th percentile for weight, and I think that's good enough, so why can't my doctors? Why do they want to keep forcing me to eat when I feel perfectly healthy right now?

LiVeLaUgHLoVe

LiVeLaUgHLoVe

LiVeLaUgHLoVe

Ready2Dance

There's a connection between weight gain and good lung function. That's why they push the weight and food issue so much. I'm right there with you though. As soon as I start to feel ok with my weight, they're telling me I need to gain 10 more lbs. Also, the extra weight helps when you get sick so you don't have to struggle as hard to recover.

All that being said, I completely understand and yes, having the doctors constantly remind you of other things to do on top of what we already do really sucks. Try stuff like trail mix and and protein shakes. They're a little healthier and don't make you feel bad afterwards. hang in there and best luck!

Ready2Dance

There's a connection between weight gain and good lung function. That's why they push the weight and food issue so much. I'm right there with you though. As soon as I start to feel ok with my weight, they're telling me I need to gain 10 more lbs. Also, the extra weight helps when you get sick so you don't have to struggle as hard to recover.

All that being said, I completely understand and yes, having the doctors constantly remind you of other things to do on top of what we already do really sucks. Try stuff like trail mix and and protein shakes. They're a little healthier and don't make you feel bad afterwards. hang in there and best luck!

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

Ready2Dance

<br />
<br />All that being said, I completely understand and yes, having the doctors constantly remind you of other things to do on top of what we already do really sucks. Try stuff like trail mix and and protein shakes. They're a little healthier and don't make you feel bad afterwards. hang in there and best luck!

soccerkels2010

OMG! i totaly agree! i gain 5 pounds and all the doc can say is you need to gain more weight!! i havent been hospitilized since i was 6!!! im perfectly "healthy" i dont get it! they just drive me nuts!! im fine w/ how much i weigh! y cant they b?!!

soccerkels2010

OMG! i totaly agree! i gain 5 pounds and all the doc can say is you need to gain more weight!! i havent been hospitilized since i was 6!!! im perfectly "healthy" i dont get it! they just drive me nuts!! im fine w/ how much i weigh! y cant they b?!!

soccerkels2010

soccerkels2010

soccerkels2010

D

donny71

I know where your coming from , but over the years I also know where the docs are coming from.

when i was younger always having food forced down my throat started to turn me off from food and made gaining weight a chore, something always lurking in the back of your mind when it came time to eat...

If your really struggling to gain, the doctor may recommend a g-tube, I know its not something that everybody is okay with cosmetically, but I can say that it has saved my life. when i got one i gained about 20lbs right away within a month or two. and when i wasn't that hungry i would add extra tube feed at night. when i was sick and the antibiotics made me lose my appetite i could tube feed during the day too, a lot A LOT less stress.

maybe the weight gain products like scandi ect, not enough enzymes or wrong kind? sometimes that can make your feel gross... or maybe just take half of the products, i know some protein bars i can't stomach a whole one at one sitting.

but i can't stress enough your body needs and craves more calories especially when your fighting infections!

D

donny71

I know where your coming from , but over the years I also know where the docs are coming from.

when i was younger always having food forced down my throat started to turn me off from food and made gaining weight a chore, something always lurking in the back of your mind when it came time to eat...

If your really struggling to gain, the doctor may recommend a g-tube, I know its not something that everybody is okay with cosmetically, but I can say that it has saved my life. when i got one i gained about 20lbs right away within a month or two. and when i wasn't that hungry i would add extra tube feed at night. when i was sick and the antibiotics made me lose my appetite i could tube feed during the day too, a lot A LOT less stress.

maybe the weight gain products like scandi ect, not enough enzymes or wrong kind? sometimes that can make your feel gross... or maybe just take half of the products, i know some protein bars i can't stomach a whole one at one sitting.

but i can't stress enough your body needs and craves more calories especially when your fighting infections!

D

donny71

D

donny71

D

donny71