For eeskew7282 Lesa e.

JORDYSMOM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>eeskew7282</b></i>

I wasn't sure how to post a question..

My question is about my daughter, she is 22 months old. She has recently had two respiratory infections over the past month and a half. Her pediatrician says she may be developing asthma and it is being triggered by avi by viruses at the daycare. I always worry so much about the kids, I read everything I can find even when it is just a cold. My concern is when I kiss her forehead it is reallly salty, other areas on her body are not very salty tasting, she has no GI problems with the exception of constipation at times. Just the two respiratory infections and the salty tasting forehead. What do you think?? My husband is a retired MD and he thinks I am so silly for thinking that it may be cf, he said he has treated kids with CF and they appear much sicker than our daughter.</end quote></div>

Hi Lesa e. I just happened to notice your question in Grannylana's thread, so I started a new topic for you.

I mean no disrespect to your husband when I tell you that most MD's do not even begin to understand CF. Now, that being said, he may be right. Two infections in almost two years certainly isn't a glaring sign that your daughter has CF, but if your mommy radar is telling you something is wrong, please check it out. What can it hurt to have her tested?

Even if your husb. has treated CF patients, he may not have treated those who are a-typical. My son wasn't diagnosed until he was 15, because his symptoms were more sinus, allergy, and asthma related. I think his asthma really masked things for the docs, so they didn't dig deeper. Also, he was born in 1990, so they just didn't have as much info. as they have now. There are people being diagnosed in their 20's, 30's, and even 40's now, so there are those who have CF, but don't present with typical symptoms. My son was also gaining weight normally, so he certainly wasn't the normal CF patient. I use the word normal very loosely here, because we are finding that one CFer's normal is very different from another's.

I wish you and your family the best.

Stacey

P.S. To post a question on your own thread, just click on NEW TOPIC at the top of the forum. That way you will get more responses, because people will be more likely to notice you.

JORDYSMOM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>eeskew7282</b></i>

My question is about my daughter, she is 22 months old. She has recently had two respiratory infections over the past month and a half. Her pediatrician says she may be developing asthma and it is being triggered by avi by viruses at the daycare. I always worry so much about the kids, I read everything I can find even when it is just a cold. My concern is when I kiss her forehead it is reallly salty, other areas on her body are not very salty tasting, she has no GI problems with the exception of constipation at times. Just the two respiratory infections and the salty tasting forehead. What do you think?? My husband is a retired MD and he thinks I am so silly for thinking that it may be cf, he said he has treated kids with CF and they appear much sicker than our daughter.</end quote></div>

Hi Lesa e. I just happened to notice your question in Grannylana's thread, so I started a new topic for you.

I mean no disrespect to your husband when I tell you that most MD's do not even begin to understand CF. Now, that being said, he may be right. Two infections in almost two years certainly isn't a glaring sign that your daughter has CF, but if your mommy radar is telling you something is wrong, please check it out. What can it hurt to have her tested?

Even if your husb. has treated CF patients, he may not have treated those who are a-typical. My son wasn't diagnosed until he was 15, because his symptoms were more sinus, allergy, and asthma related. I think his asthma really masked things for the docs, so they didn't dig deeper. Also, he was born in 1990, so they just didn't have as much info. as they have now. There are people being diagnosed in their 20's, 30's, and even 40's now, so there are those who have CF, but don't present with typical symptoms. My son was also gaining weight normally, so he certainly wasn't the normal CF patient. I use the word normal very loosely here, because we are finding that one CFer's normal is very different from another's.

Stacey

P.S. To post a question on your own thread, just click on NEW TOPIC at the top of the forum. That way you will get more responses, because people will be more likely to notice you.

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

My question is about my daughter, she is 22 months old. She has recently had two respiratory infections over the past month and a half. Her pediatrician says she may be developing asthma and it is being triggered by avi by viruses at the daycare. I always worry so much about the kids, I read everything I can find even when it is just a cold. My concern is when I kiss her forehead it is reallly salty, other areas on her body are not very salty tasting, she has no GI problems with the exception of constipation at times. Just the two respiratory infections and the salty tasting forehead. What do you think?? My husband is a retired MD and he thinks I am so silly for thinking that it may be cf, he said he has treated kids with CF and they appear much sicker than our daughter.</end quote>

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

My question is about my daughter, she is 22 months old. She has recently had two respiratory infections over the past month and a half. Her pediatrician says she may be developing asthma and it is being triggered by avi by viruses at the daycare. I always worry so much about the kids, I read everything I can find even when it is just a cold. My concern is when I kiss her forehead it is reallly salty, other areas on her body are not very salty tasting, she has no GI problems with the exception of constipation at times. Just the two respiratory infections and the salty tasting forehead. What do you think?? My husband is a retired MD and he thinks I am so silly for thinking that it may be cf, he said he has treated kids with CF and they appear much sicker than our daughter.</end quote>

Stacey

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
So often we get comments that our son wcf doesn't look or act sick. The only time he coughs is if he's coming down with something. Otherwise he's an active preschooler. In fact I once took him to the pediatrician 'cuz of nasty cough and was told that it was "normal" it's what "they (cfers) do, they cough". Few weeks later we took him to the CF doctor in the City where we found he had bronchitis.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
So often we get comments that our son wcf doesn't look or act sick. The only time he coughs is if he's coming down with something. Otherwise he's an active preschooler. In fact I once took him to the pediatrician 'cuz of nasty cough and was told that it was "normal" it's what "they (cfers) do, they cough". Few weeks later we took him to the CF doctor in the City where we found he had bronchitis.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member