For Insulin Pen Users

IVWinchester79

I don't know if it's the pen, the needles, I'm doing something wrong, or I'm worrying over nothing. Every time I finish putting in an injection, when I'm taking the needle off, a tiny bit of insulin drips from it. I have no idea if it's coming from the end of the pen or the needle. It's not a lot of insulin, it just gets on my fingers and makes a tiny wet spot on whatever I have it over. It's only been happening with the last three or so pens I've used for each insulin. Is this happening to anyone else? Probably nothing, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

IVWinchester79

I don't know if it's the pen, the needles, I'm doing something wrong, or I'm worrying over nothing. Every time I finish putting in an injection, when I'm taking the needle off, a tiny bit of insulin drips from it. I have no idea if it's coming from the end of the pen or the needle. It's not a lot of insulin, it just gets on my fingers and makes a tiny wet spot on whatever I have it over. It's only been happening with the last three or so pens I've used for each insulin. Is this happening to anyone else? Probably nothing, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

IVWinchester79

Giggles

I use the pens and I just leave it in my injection site for 10 seconds or so before removing so I can get all the insulin. I think it is coming from the needle or at least it looks like it to me. Just leave it in for a bit before removing and then you can make sure you get all the insulin.... good luck<br>

Giggles

I use the pens and I just leave it in my injection site for 10 seconds or so before removing so I can get all the insulin. I think it is coming from the needle or at least it looks like it to me. Just leave it in for a bit before removing and then you can make sure you get all the insulin.... good luck<br>

Giggles

musclemania70

That happens to me all the time. It doesn't affect my numbers. I'd just be sure to hold it there for 10 secs before taking it out. Some may slip out but I don't think you need to worry.

musclemania70

That happens to me all the time. It doesn't affect my numbers. I'd just be sure to hold it there for 10 secs before taking it out. Some may slip out but I don't think you need to worry.

musclemania70

I use the pen and I also leave it in for about 5 seconds after injecting the medicine. This is what my doctor told me to do when I first started taking shots. I've never noticed any dripping out. (Yet ha!)

I use the pen and I also leave it in for about 5 seconds after injecting the medicine. This is what my doctor told me to do when I first started taking shots. I've never noticed any dripping out. (Yet ha!)