For Women about Birth Control

wuffles

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Dreamer</b></i>

I went on birth control pills because I experienced unbearable cramping and literally couldn't move. I originally went on ortho-tricyclin and it made me psychotic. It made me mood swing so much that I wasn't myself at all. I was crazy every day. Then, I went on a BC with lower hormone levels-Yaz. It has worked well so far; it definitely doesn't make me crazy like ortho-tricyclin. Another option is the ring. I know people who use that and really like it.</end quote></div>

Mine was the opposite! The low-dose pill gave me horrible mood swings. I am generally very happy and I was constantly bursting into tears for no reason. When I switched to a higher dosage, I was fine.

wuffles

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Dreamer</b></i>

I went on birth control pills because I experienced unbearable cramping and literally couldn't move. I originally went on ortho-tricyclin and it made me psychotic. It made me mood swing so much that I wasn't myself at all. I was crazy every day. Then, I went on a BC with lower hormone levels-Yaz. It has worked well so far; it definitely doesn't make me crazy like ortho-tricyclin. Another option is the ring. I know people who use that and really like it.</end quote></div>

Mine was the opposite! The low-dose pill gave me horrible mood swings. I am generally very happy and I was constantly bursting into tears for no reason. When I switched to a higher dosage, I was fine.

Dreamer

It's weird the way we're affected differently, but I guess that's just life!! Maybe the lower hormone levels mean an increase in a different hormone. Who knows...I'm no doctor, or scientist, I'm just brainstorming! Maybe it's just the way our bodies react to hormones and what the natural level should be for us individually.

For those of you questioning the ring, I have a friend that's on it and really likes it. She said you don't notice it's in there, even during sex. She has not had any complications with it and the pill and the patch messed her up, so this may be a good alternative.

Dreamer

It's weird the way we're affected differently, but I guess that's just life!! Maybe the lower hormone levels mean an increase in a different hormone. Who knows...I'm no doctor, or scientist, I'm just brainstorming! Maybe it's just the way our bodies react to hormones and what the natural level should be for us individually.

For those of you questioning the ring, I have a friend that's on it and really likes it. She said you don't notice it's in there, even during sex. She has not had any complications with it and the pill and the patch messed her up, so this may be a good alternative.

Dreamer

Scarlett81

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thefrogprincess</b></i>

Does the Nuva Ring ever slip out? CAn you feel it when it in? I've always wondered about that.</end quote></div>

No you don't feel it-when you first start using it you feel it, your body has to get used to it. It doesn't hurt or anything, just feels like something is up there (similar to a tampon but much much less). I had it slip out a few times, but its not a big deal you just put it back in which takes 5 seconds and doesn't hurt.

Scarlett81

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>thefrogprincess</b></i>

Does the Nuva Ring ever slip out? CAn you feel it when it in? I've always wondered about that.</end quote></div>

No you don't feel it-when you first start using it you feel it, your body has to get used to it. It doesn't hurt or anything, just feels like something is up there (similar to a tampon but much much less). I had it slip out a few times, but its not a big deal you just put it back in which takes 5 seconds and doesn't hurt.

Scarlett81

M

MCGrad2006

I have used the patch now for about two years and I dont mind it. Yea it does make me moody sometimes but usually only before my period. I definitely agree that the pill can sometimes be affected by our lack of digestion at times. Thats what a lot of people have told me, and plus if you are on antibiotics alot, the pill decreases the effectiveness. From what I understand, the patch does NOT interfere with all of the antibiotics we CFers are on. I have an appt coming up with my ob-gyn doc and that is one of the questions on my list.

M

MCGrad2006

I have used the patch now for about two years and I dont mind it. Yea it does make me moody sometimes but usually only before my period. I definitely agree that the pill can sometimes be affected by our lack of digestion at times. Thats what a lot of people have told me, and plus if you are on antibiotics alot, the pill decreases the effectiveness. From what I understand, the patch does NOT interfere with all of the antibiotics we CFers are on. I have an appt coming up with my ob-gyn doc and that is one of the questions on my list.

M

MCGrad2006