For Women Only

anonymous

Question, I know mucus is our main problem, does anyone else notice that they have vaginal mucus that comes out of them? It is not just from ovulation, I don't think, otherwise I have super ovaries. Lately I have noticed it is blood tinged.

Is this a CF mucus thing that most women get, or is this unique to me.

Emily65Roses

Funny you should ask. I actually bleed a little from time to time and there's NO REASON for me to. I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago. No uterus should = no bleeding. But it still happens. And it's never just blood, like you said. It's goop that has a little bit of blood in it. What it is or why it happens, I have no idea. Just figured I'd tell you that I experience the same thing.

thelizardqueen

I get mucus plugs now and then when I've got my period. I know that CF causes excess mucus, but I'm not sure if the plugs I get are CF related or not, but I know I've always had them.

coltsfan715

I will be interested to see the responses to this because I have started to have this lately. Normally for me it comes about two weeks after my period. It is kind of pinkish looking. I have wondered about it but never asked. You are not alone, but I do not have an answer for you.

I will try to remember to ask next week when I go to my GYN for my annual. If I can remember I will ask and post her answer.

edited to add: I have always had a problem with excess mucus/discharge when I am not ovulating or on my period, just recently I have noticed the tinge of pinkish/blood. Also are you on birth control of any kind? I am on the Ortho Evra patch and have wondered if it the pinkish tinge is connected to that.

Lindsey

wanderlost

I was told once by an OBGYN that we can have more cervical mucous than others, and ours is often thicker - hence why some CF women have conception problems. I think it is entirley possible that that thicker, saltier mucous would irritate the cervix and cause bleeding every now and then as well - even if you've had a hysterectomy, as some one posted.

Emily65Roses

Hysterectomy was me. Your theory makes sense, except that she removed my cervix at the same time. Hah. I figure it's just irritating the inside of me somewhere.

anonymous

Since I was 13 (hit puberty) I have had discharge every day. Enough to wear a panty liner every day.

I've had numerous gyn's check it out, and they all say it must be CF.

coltsfan715

I had my first OB/GYN - say it (excess discharge/mucus - not the blood streaked discharge) was nothing and I should just wear a panty liner. Every year I asked about it cause it was bothersome.
My second OB/GYN - the one I see now - said it was CF related and that she could see that my cervical tissue was inflammed from my exam. She gave me some medicine to take for a few days, but it is chronic inflammation so unless I want to take the med forever I have to live with it.

Lindsey

candiebar76

It is not I that have CF, but possibly my son. I have this problem as well. The Dr. at first said oh STD's so they tested me for everything. It was all negetive. As for the inflamation after a check up you might want to be tested for latex allergy. I have had many issues w/ Dr.s because I have one and they never pay attention to the big red letters on my chart. If you use any contraceptives or KY jelly or spermasidal blockers it can cause the same iratability. Yeast usually is accopanied be itching and odor.
Candace

anonymous

I pretty much always have mucus discharge and like others a pantiliner everyday it gets thicker and more the closer I get to my period and I've had some pinkish and even a little bloody sometimes but I just thought it came with the CF!

Momtana

Sometimes women have spotting, which can be in the mucus, with a hormonal shift - e.g. ovulation. Women typically have changing mucus discharge throughout their cycle. I wonder how CF makes that different. Emily, was your hysterectomy CF related? I still have discharge and I had my menopause three years ago!

anonymous

I have mucus everyday also and my gyno said that it was CF related. It got so bad that now my cervix has cysts all over it and they bleed if they are irritated. sucks really.

I have noticed that the mucus down there gets worse as I do. ok so this is a horribly embarassing question(hence staying annon.)...so, when doing certain things in the bedroom does anyone ever tell you that it is gross (if you are doing things other than sex) or different because of the mucus? I have been afraid to broach that topic with the bf

anonymous

To answer the question right above me, dealing with the whole discussing it with the bf...
I had a conversation like that a while ago with my bf and at first i was just really uncomfortable about even bringing up the topic about "special cf related circumstances" down there... because its just a touchy subject. I mean sorry to be a little graphic but your thinking all these questions in your head about is it salty? thicker? gross? and it made me feel really self conscious about it. But after getting over the hump of actually being able to bring up the topic of it all and explaine the stuff to my boy we were able to talk about it and he is great and made me feel alot better about it. It was a little tricky bringing up the subject but if your boyfriend cares about you (which im sure he does )he is going to want to make you as comfortable as possible so you can keep having your bedroom fun =)
I was afraid of bringing up the convo too but i think you can do it and you will be happy you did =)

...boys are so lucky they dont have to deal with female ish... so unfair =)

EnergyGal

It looks like a tiny bit of clear jello and I believe that is from ovulation. I use to get this every month when I was younger and into my early thirties it was every other month and then it stopped. Came back after my first transplant and then stopped again and then it revisted after my second transplant. To me this is a sign of health when you are ovulating.
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ehow.com/how_4834_know-you-are.html
">http://www.ehow.com/how_4834_know-you-are.html
</a>
Here is a description of the mucus that you can see.