Forced to change transplant center

coltsfan715

Sorry to hear you are facing this issue.

I honestly haven't been faced with this I just wanted to put this out there for you.

I went to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for my transplant. They do NOT have a CF center here and at the time they did not take care of many CF patients. Don't get me wrong they had done a few but not a large amount. They took the BEST care of me - in my opinion better care than Shands in Gainesville which has a CF Center and does a large number of CF patients.

So just because there is no CF center and they do not see a large number of CF patients does not mean that they can't do the job. I say just check out your options and ask questions and see how you like the places. It isn't a fun decision to have to make I am sure especially since you are already at a place, but if you have to change centers I would go to both. Weigh your options and then make your decision once you actually visit the centers - you may be pleasantly surprised.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

I honestly haven't been faced with this I just wanted to put this out there for you.

I went to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for my transplant. They do NOT have a CF center here and at the time they did not take care of many CF patients. Don't get me wrong they had done a few but not a large amount. They took the BEST care of me - in my opinion better care than Shands in Gainesville which has a CF Center and does a large number of CF patients.

So just because there is no CF center and they do not see a large number of CF patients does not mean that they can't do the job. I say just check out your options and ask questions and see how you like the places. It isn't a fun decision to have to make I am sure especially since you are already at a place, but if you have to change centers I would go to both. Weigh your options and then make your decision once you actually visit the centers - you may be pleasantly surprised.

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

Take Care,
Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />I honestly haven't been faced with this I just wanted to put this out there for you.
<br />
<br />I went to Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for my transplant. They do NOT have a CF center here and at the time they did not take care of many CF patients. Don't get me wrong they had done a few but not a large amount. They took the BEST care of me - in my opinion better care than Shands in Gainesville which has a CF Center and does a large number of CF patients.
<br />
<br />So just because there is no CF center and they do not see a large number of CF patients does not mean that they can't do the job. I say just check out your options and ask questions and see how you like the places. It isn't a fun decision to have to make I am sure especially since you are already at a place, but if you have to change centers I would go to both. Weigh your options and then make your decision once you actually visit the centers - you may be pleasantly surprised.
<br />
<br />Take Care,
<br />Lindsey