Frequencer VS. ChestMaster

RobinB29

Okay, so I'm about to get a Frequencer but the docs brought up some new device called ChestMaster and I wanted to take a few days to compare and think over which I would like. I currently use a Vest but I loathe it. The issues with the Vest are as follows:<br><br>I travel and it's huge and heavy.<br>I have a port, when accessed the Vest shakes it around and hurts.<br>I am a woman, twice a month during hormonal changes wearing the Vest hurts my breasts. This is usually about 2 weeks a month if I'm healthy enough to ovulate.<br>I have arthritis issues and sometimes my lower back just screams "NO!"<br><br>The Frequencer seems like it would eliminate all of these issues, my concern is that it's been around since 2010 and the CF clinic here had never heard of it which makes me wonder if it really works or if there is some reason why it's not being used a lot. It only weights 6-7lbs, I can position it around port site, won't shake my breasts or increase arthritis pain during treatment. (Downside is I have to hold the device for the duration of treatment but I'm very crafty and might have a solution for that.) This device uses sound waves to vibrate the lungs, which sounds scientifically sound enough but I can't find data from an outside party to truly support it. It is FDA approved, but lets be real here people- the FDA has approved a great many number of things that aren't entirely medically sound. <br><br>Enter the new ChestMaster, the ChestMaster appears to be a completely portable device (battery packs), which sound pretty good to a mother of four, but even though it says it's designed to fit both male and female anatomy, watching the YouTube video makes me wonder how it would work around both my port and my DDs. (Not trying to be funny, seriously- look at it on YouTube.) The device appears to be a new spin on the old hand percussor technology, it looks like 4 percussors built into an X-shaped harness/vest with a battery pack you wear on your waist. I'm not sure how heavy it is or how the percussors feel. Some folks who are used to that might even enjoy it. I hated the percussor my mom used when I was a kid, she always got it out as a threat if we tried to refuse our regular hand-chest PT. <br><br>Basically, I'd love to hear from folks who use both the Frequencer or the ChestMaster and if anyone is going to a clinic where the Frequencer is being actively used could you give me the clinic information so I can contact them? I'd really like to make an informed decision and even though I'm leaning towards the Frequencer due to my disdain to percussors, I don't want to waste my time on something ineffective.

ChestMaster

Information on ChestMaster

Hi Robin,

We've just joined this site and saw your post regarding the ChestMaster device. We recently revamped the website with updated photos and new information, which might answer some of your questions. Of course, you're welcome to contact us directly or on this board for more information as well. The ChestMaster device is still in development, but we're working hard to get it into the hands of the people that need it and very much welcome your feedback during the development stage.

Amanda

ecsnut

Hi Robin,

We've just joined this site and saw your post regarding the ChestMaster device. We recently revamped the website with updated photos and new information, which might answer some of your questions. Of course, you're welcome to contact us directly or on this board for more information as well. The ChestMaster device is still in development, but we're working hard to get it into the hands of the people that need it and very much welcome your feedback during the development stage.

Amanda
Hi there...we have had great luck with the SmartVest by Electromed. not only is their new device small....but their vest is all velcro and can fit the chest area...which can become sore.....more easily since the velcro allows adjustment. It is also darm quiet. Great customer service....had a few silly things happen and they got a new device overnight to us...check them out....www.smartvest.com.