Frequencer vs the Vest

CaliSally

I was reading the Frequencer thread and wanted to make a new post with my question.

Have any of you switched from the Vest to the Frequencer?
If so, what is your FEV1? And how often do you need abx?
How do you compare the two devices?
With the vest you hook up and then sit for 30 minutes, is it the same with the frequencer, or do you have to move the pieces during treatment. Are there muliple pieces to get all the spots at once without moving them?

I ask about fev1 because maybe someone with more advanced lungs would benefit more from one device or the other, (depending on how sick they were, or how often they need abx.)
My thought is that the vest covers more ground, so to speak in comparison. ?

I'm so interested in trying the Frequencer, but what a hassle it would be to switch, especially if it didn't work as well. I HATE the vest and would LOVE an alternative.

CaliSally

I was reading the Frequencer thread and wanted to make a new post with my question.

With the vest you hook up and then sit for 30 minutes, is it the same with the frequencer, or do you have to move the pieces during treatment. Are there muliple pieces to get all the spots at once without moving them?

I ask about fev1 because maybe someone with more advanced lungs would benefit more from one device or the other, (depending on how sick they were, or how often they need abx.)

I'm so interested in trying the Frequencer, but what a hassle it would be to switch, especially if it didn't work as well. I HATE the vest and would LOVE an alternative.

CaliSally

CaliSally

CaliSally

<br />
<br />Have any of you switched from the Vest to the Frequencer?
<br />If so, what is your FEV1? And how often do you need abx?
<br />How do you compare the two devices?
<br />With the vest you hook up and then sit for 30 minutes, is it the same with the frequencer, or do you have to move the pieces during treatment. Are there muliple pieces to get all the spots at once without moving them?
<br />
<br />I ask about fev1 because maybe someone with more advanced lungs would benefit more from one device or the other, (depending on how sick they were, or how often they need abx.)
<br />My thought is that the vest covers more ground, so to speak in comparison. ?
<br />
<br />I'm so interested in trying the Frequencer, but what a hassle it would be to switch, especially if it didn't work as well. I HATE the vest and would LOVE an alternative.

Liza

Hi Sally,

I can't really give you a complete comparrison because neither of my girls would use the vest. They both tried it out in hospital but never did a full treatment with it because they said it squeezed them to death. Their opinion, "why put on something that squeezed you that you can't breathe when you have trouble breathing already?" They chose to stay with the hand held percussor.

Now Rachel is trying out the frequencer and she likes it so far. Friday will be one week.

If you are looking for something that gets all the spots at once, then the frequencer is not going to be it. It has a hand held device, like a cup sort of. You do have to move it around, but only on the front. Total treatment time is 20 minutes. So the advantage there is if you still use a percussor, this will allow you to do your CPT without the need of another person for your back. Because the soundwaves go all the way through, you don't have to do your back, it gets done at the same time as the front.

Hope this explains it just a little.

Liza

Hi Sally,

I can't really give you a complete comparrison because neither of my girls would use the vest. They both tried it out in hospital but never did a full treatment with it because they said it squeezed them to death. Their opinion, "why put on something that squeezed you that you can't breathe when you have trouble breathing already?" They chose to stay with the hand held percussor.

Now Rachel is trying out the frequencer and she likes it so far. Friday will be one week.

If you are looking for something that gets all the spots at once, then the frequencer is not going to be it. It has a hand held device, like a cup sort of. You do have to move it around, but only on the front. Total treatment time is 20 minutes. So the advantage there is if you still use a percussor, this will allow you to do your CPT without the need of another person for your back. Because the soundwaves go all the way through, you don't have to do your back, it gets done at the same time as the front.

Liza

Hi Sally,

Liza

Hi Sally,

Liza

Hi Sally,
<br />
<br />I can't really give you a complete comparrison because neither of my girls would use the vest. They both tried it out in hospital but never did a full treatment with it because they said it squeezed them to death. Their opinion, "why put on something that squeezed you that you can't breathe when you have trouble breathing already?" They chose to stay with the hand held percussor.
<br />
<br />Now Rachel is trying out the frequencer and she likes it so far. Friday will be one week.
<br />
<br />If you are looking for something that gets all the spots at once, then the frequencer is not going to be it. It has a hand held device, like a cup sort of. You do have to move it around, but only on the front. Total treatment time is 20 minutes. So the advantage there is if you still use a percussor, this will allow you to do your CPT without the need of another person for your back. Because the soundwaves go all the way through, you don't have to do your back, it gets done at the same time as the front.
<br />
<br />Hope this explains it just a little.
<br />
<br />