Friendships & Smokers

BethanyAnne

I appreciate all of your comments!! thank you!
<br />
<br />static - it's not that I just appreciate music. It is what my boyfriend and I do and now he does by himself, but it is still a very big part of my life. It just stinks at times when I have to leave the scene and can't be apart of whatever it is going on. I'm sure you get that. My doctor told me that it does harm you when it is on someone's clothing and so forth. My dad used to smoke outside and then come back in and he would smell of it. My youngest sister has CF as well and her's is a lot worse than mine and my doctor would try to tell and stress to my dad how important it is that he he quits for Kenzie and my sake. Hmm?

RCWoody

I would have to say the smell of smoke on cloths does nothing to hurt our lungs. Your Dr. might of been giving your dad more reasons to quit smoking. But I think that reason is false.

RCWoody

I would have to say the smell of smoke on cloths does nothing to hurt our lungs. Your Dr. might of been giving your dad more reasons to quit smoking. But I think that reason is false.

RCWoody

static

Believe me, I get it. We may be young adults but we still cannot experience 100% of the things others' in our age-group can because of our illness.

As far as the "third-Hand" smoking goes I can only tell you about my experience, take from it what you will.

Like I stated before the smell of smoke was a real concern of mine, hense the reason I brought it up to my doctor. What I left out though was my PFT's did go up, quite a bit actually, after recieving the job (keep in mind this was my first real exposure to any smoke at all, hense the reason for all the worry in the first place). Obviously I don't think smelling smoke helps anything, but along with the clarification from my doctor and the results I recieved I was sound with my safety in my current job.

Now we could go on to name our doctors, their educational backgrounds, or delve into the numerous scientific articles on the affects of third-hand smoke (with different biases depending on if they were sponsored by the Tobacco industry or different anti-smoking leagues) but in the end we need to do what we feel is right for us.

I don't want to harm my body, and neither do you. Just don't let going to extremes in your health take over your happiness. If you really like this boyfriend, stay with him. Let him know your concerns, tell him not to smoke around you, and hope that he respects your decision. You will meet alot of people in your life, some who smoke and some who don't. Just remember, they are still people.

static

Believe me, I get it. We may be young adults but we still cannot experience 100% of the things others' in our age-group can because of our illness.

As far as the "third-Hand" smoking goes I can only tell you about my experience, take from it what you will.

Like I stated before the smell of smoke was a real concern of mine, hense the reason I brought it up to my doctor. What I left out though was my PFT's did go up, quite a bit actually, after recieving the job (keep in mind this was my first real exposure to any smoke at all, hense the reason for all the worry in the first place). Obviously I don't think smelling smoke helps anything, but along with the clarification from my doctor and the results I recieved I was sound with my safety in my current job.

Now we could go on to name our doctors, their educational backgrounds, or delve into the numerous scientific articles on the affects of third-hand smoke (with different biases depending on if they were sponsored by the Tobacco industry or different anti-smoking leagues) but in the end we need to do what we feel is right for us.

I don't want to harm my body, and neither do you. Just don't let going to extremes in your health take over your happiness. If you really like this boyfriend, stay with him. Let him know your concerns, tell him not to smoke around you, and hope that he respects your decision. You will meet alot of people in your life, some who smoke and some who don't. Just remember, they are still people.

static

<br />
<br />As far as the "third-Hand" smoking goes I can only tell you about my experience, take from it what you will.
<br />
<br />Like I stated before the smell of smoke was a real concern of mine, hense the reason I brought it up to my doctor. What I left out though was my PFT's did go up, quite a bit actually, after recieving the job (keep in mind this was my first real exposure to any smoke at all, hense the reason for all the worry in the first place). Obviously I don't think smelling smoke helps anything, but along with the clarification from my doctor and the results I recieved I was sound with my safety in my current job.
<br />
<br />Now we could go on to name our doctors, their educational backgrounds, or delve into the numerous scientific articles on the affects of third-hand smoke (with different biases depending on if they were sponsored by the Tobacco industry or different anti-smoking leagues) but in the end we need to do what we feel is right for us.
<br />
<br />I don't want to harm my body, and neither do you. Just don't let going to extremes in your health take over your happiness. If you really like this boyfriend, stay with him. Let him know your concerns, tell him not to smoke around you, and hope that he respects your decision. You will meet alot of people in your life, some who smoke and some who don't. Just remember, they are still people.