Frustrated with friends and family

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
My folks are visiting and my mom once again is nagging me about how I should visit because my sister has never ever met her nephew. Well, she can sure as heck travel all over the countryside to visit high school friends and relatives that are a bit more well off, but when it comes to us --- nope. I even offered to send her an airline ticket.

Prior to DS's birth and subsequent CF diagnosis, I would've just let the guilt trips and backhanded comments slide. But I've changed. Life's too short. I just don't have the time or energy to deal with all the drama.

I feel bad for my dad 'cuz he loves seeing DS, but right now, I just can't handle flying by myself with DS --- drugs, compressor & vest as carryons, with flight changes. And they're the ones who moved 2000+ miles away. My mom has always been a bit of a hypochondriac and instead of getting to know my son, she's more focused on his illness. It's almost as if it's a great coup for her -- "pay attention to me. My grandchild has a horrible disease"