FRUSTRATED

JORDYSMOM

FRUSTRAT

Even without a diagnosis, I would think they would be treating the symptoms. If they are doing nothing, that's unacceptable.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

FRUSTRAT

Even without a diagnosis, I would think they would be treating the symptoms. If they are doing nothing, that's unacceptable.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

FRUSTRAT

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

FRUSTRAT

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

FRUSTRAT

<br />
<br />Stacey

antonette1279

FRUSTRAT

Thanks guys!! We are doing albuterol nebs every 4 hours...pulmacort nebs twice a day....he was on prednisone and they stopped that...he was on iv solumedrol but they stopped that. Other then that...just waiting

antonette1279

FRUSTRAT

Thanks guys!! We are doing albuterol nebs every 4 hours...pulmacort nebs twice a day....he was on prednisone and they stopped that...he was on iv solumedrol but they stopped that. Other then that...just waiting

antonette1279

FRUSTRAT

antonette1279

FRUSTRAT

antonette1279

FRUSTRAT

hmw

Did they do cpt on him at the hospital or teach you how to do it? I would definitely be doing that whenever he gets nebs to help with the cough. I'm so sorry they didn't start him on enzymes... that could be helping him be so much more comfortable (gas, stomachaches, loose stools... not to mention helping him gain.)

hmw

Did they do cpt on him at the hospital or teach you how to do it? I would definitely be doing that whenever he gets nebs to help with the cough. I'm so sorry they didn't start him on enzymes... that could be helping him be so much more comfortable (gas, stomachaches, loose stools... not to mention helping him gain.)

hmw

hmw

hmw

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would also think in addition to having you do nebs and CPT that at the very leasat they'd to a fecal fat test to determine if he's pancreatic insufficient. Simple test where they test a stool sample and determine if he needs digestive enzymes. Has he been tested for RSV, have they done any sputum samples/throat cultures to determine if/what bugs he's growing.

DS had a horrible cough at 2 months, so bad that I'd have to hold him over sinks because he'd throw up his formula. We were already doing CPT with albuterol/atrovent nebs 4 times a day, he was on keflex (antibiotic as well). Turned out he had enterbactor cholae which caused bronchitis and needed yet another oral antibiotic.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I would also think in addition to having you do nebs and CPT that at the very leasat they'd to a fecal fat test to determine if he's pancreatic insufficient. Simple test where they test a stool sample and determine if he needs digestive enzymes. Has he been tested for RSV, have they done any sputum samples/throat cultures to determine if/what bugs he's growing.

DS had a horrible cough at 2 months, so bad that I'd have to hold him over sinks because he'd throw up his formula. We were already doing CPT with albuterol/atrovent nebs 4 times a day, he was on keflex (antibiotic as well). Turned out he had enterbactor cholae which caused bronchitis and needed yet another oral antibiotic.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />DS had a horrible cough at 2 months, so bad that I'd have to hold him over sinks because he'd throw up his formula. We were already doing CPT with albuterol/atrovent nebs 4 times a day, he was on keflex (antibiotic as well). Turned out he had enterbactor cholae which caused bronchitis and needed yet another oral antibiotic.