fungus and transplants

Marjolein

Hi Joan,

I don't know if your son is pre or post transplant.

But when I was a little over a month post they did a bronch and found small traces of Aspergillus.
My transplant team didn't hesitate and called me to say they were starting me on Itraconazole 2x200 mg a day for 3 months to treat the Aspergillus. They wanted to get it early as possible.
I had to go to a lower dose of 2x100 afer a few weeks because my kidneyfunction lowered by half. But even this dose did the trick and I didn't culture any Aspergillus anymore at my 6 months post bronch and 3 bronchs after that.

My kidneys are functioning better again as well :) Went up to 55% instead of 38%

Marjolein

Hi Joan,

But when I was a little over a month post they did a bronch and found small traces of Aspergillus.
My transplant team didn't hesitate and called me to say they were starting me on Itraconazole 2x200 mg a day for 3 months to treat the Aspergillus. They wanted to get it early as possible.
I had to go to a lower dose of 2x100 afer a few weeks because my kidneyfunction lowered by half. But even this dose did the trick and I didn't culture any Aspergillus anymore at my 6 months post bronch and 3 bronchs after that.

My kidneys are functioning better again as well :) Went up to 55% instead of 38%

Marjolein

Hi Joan,

Marjolein

Hi Joan,

Marjolein

Hi Joan,
<br />
<br />I don't know if your son is pre or post transplant.
<br />
<br />But when I was a little over a month post they did a bronch and found small traces of Aspergillus.
<br />My transplant team didn't hesitate and called me to say they were starting me on Itraconazole 2x200 mg a day for 3 months to treat the Aspergillus. They wanted to get it early as possible.
<br />I had to go to a lower dose of 2x100 afer a few weeks because my kidneyfunction lowered by half. But even this dose did the trick and I didn't culture any Aspergillus anymore at my 6 months post bronch and 3 bronchs after that.
<br />
<br />My kidneys are functioning better again as well :) Went up to 55% instead of 38%

Marjolein

Liza, I'm glad to hear Anna is stable. I do hope she'll be able to find a center that is willing to re-transplant her.

You and Anna have been in my thoughts

Marjolein

Liza, I'm glad to hear Anna is stable. I do hope she'll be able to find a center that is willing to re-transplant her.

Marjolein

Marjolein

Marjolein

<br />
<br />You and Anna have been in my thoughts

Liza

Thanks Marjolein! We have found a couple that are willing to take a look at her records so it's a start. I hope you are doing well.

Liza

Thanks Marjolein! We have found a couple that are willing to take a look at her records so it's a start. I hope you are doing well.

Liza

Liza

Liza

Ldude916

The only thing I grow is Aspergillis - a lot of it - and I am currently being evaluated for transplant. The Tx doctors don't seem concerned that I grow Aspergillis and that it would impact my ability to be listed.

Ldude916

The only thing I grow is Aspergillis - a lot of it - and I am currently being evaluated for transplant. The Tx doctors don't seem concerned that I grow Aspergillis and that it would impact my ability to be listed.

Ldude916