G-Tube and Hunger

MMBinNC

Hey,

I got a G-Tube placed last week and I still am not hungry at all when I wake up. I have been eating minimal amounts of food for the past week, mainly relying on my 1500 cal tube feedings at night. The doctors have told me that this is normal, and people need to acclimate to it before they get hungry again. Is it true? and if so, how long did it take? I doubt I'm losing weight, but having a G-Tube is useless if I don't eat during the day.

MMBinNC

Hey,

I got a G-Tube placed last week and I still am not hungry at all when I wake up. I have been eating minimal amounts of food for the past week, mainly relying on my 1500 cal tube feedings at night. The doctors have told me that this is normal, and people need to acclimate to it before they get hungry again. Is it true? and if so, how long did it take? I doubt I'm losing weight, but having a G-Tube is useless if I don't eat during the day.

MMBinNC

Hey,

MMBinNC

Hey,

MMBinNC

Hey,
<br />
<br />I got a G-Tube placed last week and I still am not hungry at all when I wake up. I have been eating minimal amounts of food for the past week, mainly relying on my 1500 cal tube feedings at night. The doctors have told me that this is normal, and people need to acclimate to it before they get hungry again. Is it true? and if so, how long did it take? I doubt I'm losing weight, but having a G-Tube is useless if I don't eat during the day.

crickit715

my daughter has had her gtube since she was 4 months old and i can never get her to eat breakfast! she will be 2 on the 27th of this month. her doctors have said that is fine as long as i fatten everything else she eats up and she isnt loosing weight. she usually doesnt want anything to eat until around 11 or 12.

crickit715

my daughter has had her gtube since she was 4 months old and i can never get her to eat breakfast! she will be 2 on the 27th of this month. her doctors have said that is fine as long as i fatten everything else she eats up and she isnt loosing weight. she usually doesnt want anything to eat until around 11 or 12.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715

kathiel

My daughter has had a feeding tube since 2, and still does not eat (she wasn't eating before is why she got the tube). Her nutritionist just adjusts her caloric intake in her TF to suit her current needs to maintain weight (she is actually overweight now with a BMI of 95%), but that is all from her TF, she used to have on 6-8% BMI.

kathiel

My daughter has had a feeding tube since 2, and still does not eat (she wasn't eating before is why she got the tube). Her nutritionist just adjusts her caloric intake in her TF to suit her current needs to maintain weight (she is actually overweight now with a BMI of 95%), but that is all from her TF, she used to have on 6-8% BMI.

kathiel

kathiel

kathiel

jonflath

I had mine placed over the summer. I start my feeds around midnight and end them at 6 or so and then I wake up around 9 or 10 and I am really hungry by then. Your body should get used to it. I was never really a breakfast person to begin with so eating at 1030 or 11 works for me.

jonflath

I had mine placed over the summer. I start my feeds around midnight and end them at 6 or so and then I wake up around 9 or 10 and I am really hungry by then. Your body should get used to it. I was never really a breakfast person to begin with so eating at 1030 or 11 works for me.

jonflath

jonflath

jonflath