G-tube and stomach acid

theLostMiler

Hello all,

Yet again, another g-tube question haha. I finally got this sucker to heal for the most part, and not have granulation tissue (but in the process I have stopped feeds). Anyways, just the past two days or so, the site has really began to hurt like if the button is touched either by my shirt pulling/pushing on it, an arm etc.

I just had a cold sore... again, and at first I thought... damn it, somehow I gave it to that area... again (I feel like I am a hygenic person but I can never help but wonder if I slipped up and didnt wash my hands if I inadvertanly touched my cold sore)... but I thought about it, and since the whole area around the hole is super sensitive and painful and starting to get really red, and raw looking (not granulation tissue raw either) that I am probably leaking stomach acid.

Does that mean I need a new button? I thought I remembered someone saying they put something around it when they noticed stomach acid. I dont want to put anything 'wet' around it since I have worked so hard on keeping the granulation tissue away (Last week I am finally able to lay on my stomach again, granted for about 2 minutes but still)...

Thanks for any answers, sorry so long.

theLostMiler

Hello all,

Yet again, another g-tube question haha. I finally got this sucker to heal for the most part, and not have granulation tissue (but in the process I have stopped feeds). Anyways, just the past two days or so, the site has really began to hurt like if the button is touched either by my shirt pulling/pushing on it, an arm etc.

I just had a cold sore... again, and at first I thought... damn it, somehow I gave it to that area... again (I feel like I am a hygenic person but I can never help but wonder if I slipped up and didnt wash my hands if I inadvertanly touched my cold sore)... but I thought about it, and since the whole area around the hole is super sensitive and painful and starting to get really red, and raw looking (not granulation tissue raw either) that I am probably leaking stomach acid.

Does that mean I need a new button? I thought I remembered someone saying they put something around it when they noticed stomach acid. I dont want to put anything 'wet' around it since I have worked so hard on keeping the granulation tissue away (Last week I am finally able to lay on my stomach again, granted for about 2 minutes but still)...

Thanks for any answers, sorry so long.

theLostMiler

Hello all,
<br />
<br />Yet again, another g-tube question haha. I finally got this sucker to heal for the most part, and not have granulation tissue (but in the process I have stopped feeds). Anyways, just the past two days or so, the site has really began to hurt like if the button is touched either by my shirt pulling/pushing on it, an arm etc.
<br />
<br />I just had a cold sore... again, and at first I thought... damn it, somehow I gave it to that area... again (I feel like I am a hygenic person but I can never help but wonder if I slipped up and didnt wash my hands if I inadvertanly touched my cold sore)... but I thought about it, and since the whole area around the hole is super sensitive and painful and starting to get really red, and raw looking (not granulation tissue raw either) that I am probably leaking stomach acid.
<br />
<br />Does that mean I need a new button? I thought I remembered someone saying they put something around it when they noticed stomach acid. I dont want to put anything 'wet' around it since I have worked so hard on keeping the granulation tissue away (Last week I am finally able to lay on my stomach again, granted for about 2 minutes but still)...
<br />
<br />Thanks for any answers, sorry so long.