G-Tube Button options

just1more

My son has the AMT and we love it. It is 2cm, so I agree I can't image how an adult has a 1.2 ~!@#$
<br />
<br />We've not had any issues with leakage. The ONLY drawback is most hospitals (at least here) don't keep AMT's in stock, so we have to take our own extension when we are inpatient or they have to swap it out to a Mickey as that is what they have supplies for.
<br />

theLostMiler

Yea Tom, all my HHC has had to order all my stuff in like buttons and extension tubings. B/c all they had was Mic-key stuff.

Again, thanks for the advice... I realized a little too late I might be messing something up by not having the balloon inflated, b/c if it starts to close from the inside out... crap...

Does anyone think I should try the ER, I want to be feel like they wont have any idea what to do unless they called my gi doc/surgeon who placed the original PEG tube, and not sure if they can do that.

Otherwise Im leaving a voicemail and calling asap in the morning to my original doctor. Im in too much discomfort to do anything else.

theLostMiler

Yea Tom, all my HHC has had to order all my stuff in like buttons and extension tubings. B/c all they had was Mic-key stuff.

Again, thanks for the advice... I realized a little too late I might be messing something up by not having the balloon inflated, b/c if it starts to close from the inside out... crap...

Does anyone think I should try the ER, I want to be feel like they wont have any idea what to do unless they called my gi doc/surgeon who placed the original PEG tube, and not sure if they can do that.

Otherwise Im leaving a voicemail and calling asap in the morning to my original doctor. Im in too much discomfort to do anything else.

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />Again, thanks for the advice... I realized a little too late I might be messing something up by not having the balloon inflated, b/c if it starts to close from the inside out... crap...
<br />
<br />Does anyone think I should try the ER, I want to be feel like they wont have any idea what to do unless they called my gi doc/surgeon who placed the original PEG tube, and not sure if they can do that.
<br />
<br />Otherwise Im leaving a voicemail and calling asap in the morning to my original doctor. Im in too much discomfort to do anything else.

Ldude916

So, according to: http://www.amtinnovation.com/balloon_MiniONE_button.html

The AMT miniOne should be compatible with ALL Mic-key extension feed sets. So....why aren't the extentions and tubings working for you guys?

Ldude916

The AMT miniOne should be compatible with ALL Mic-key extension feed sets. So....why aren't the extentions and tubings working for you guys?

Ldude916

<br />
<br />The AMT miniOne should be compatible with ALL Mic-key extension feed sets. So....why aren't the extentions and tubings working for you guys?

hockeykid

Have you thought about trying Interventional Radiology for a fitting? If you are having a lot of leaking, you may need to increase your french size as well. I personally went from an 18 french to a 24 french. My leaking pretty much stopped. If you have motility issues, your doctors may need to consider a G/J button. I would request a Gastric Emptying Study, if possible

hockeykid

Have you thought about trying Interventional Radiology for a fitting? If you are having a lot of leaking, you may need to increase your french size as well. I personally went from an 18 french to a 24 french. My leaking pretty much stopped. If you have motility issues, your doctors may need to consider a G/J button. I would request a Gastric Emptying Study, if possible

hockeykid

Ldude916

Hockeykid - what brand g-tube do you have? and what is a G/J button? and gastric emptying....I had a study done, but what would the doctor do with the information (to solve which issue)?

Thanks!

Ldude916

Hockeykid - what brand g-tube do you have? and what is a G/J button? and gastric emptying....I had a study done, but what would the doctor do with the information (to solve which issue)?

Thanks!

Ldude916

<br />
<br />Thanks!

hockeykid

I have a Mic-key. A G/J button has two ports. It has a gastric port (g) which is used for venting. The jejunal port (j) is used for feeding. If a person has poor motility, they might need to have their tube feedings go into their small bowel instead of their stomach. A Gastric Emptying Study lets your doctor know how well your stomach empties. A doctor may treat poor motility through diet or medication. Some people have leakage around their tubes because of poor motility.

hockeykid

I have a Mic-key. A G/J button has two ports. It has a gastric port (g) which is used for venting. The jejunal port (j) is used for feeding. If a person has poor motility, they might need to have their tube feedings go into their small bowel instead of their stomach. A Gastric Emptying Study lets your doctor know how well your stomach empties. A doctor may treat poor motility through diet or medication. Some people have leakage around their tubes because of poor motility.

hockeykid

JennyCoulon

Mason was given EryPed (Erythromycin) to help his stomach empty out faster. He was having stomach aches and he is on Prevacid (which works better than any of the other acid meds) and it is at the max dose. It can be given by mouth or g-button 1-2 times daily. This has seemed to help him out. Let us know how it works out. I agree that maybe you should get a second opinion from a different GI doc.

JennyCoulon

Mason was given EryPed (Erythromycin)to help his stomach empty out faster. Hewas having stomach aches and he is on Prevacid (which works better than any of the other acid meds) and it is at the max dose.Itcan be givenby mouth or g-button 1-2 times daily. This has seemed to help him out. Letus knowhow it works out. Iagree that maybe you should get a secondopinion from a different GI doc.

JennyCoulon

<p>Mason was given EryPed (Erythromycin)to help his stomach empty out faster. Hewas having stomach aches and he is on Prevacid (which works better than any of the other acid meds) and it is at the max dose.Itcan be givenby mouth or g-button 1-2 times daily. This has seemed to help him out. Letus knowhow it works out. Iagree that maybe you should get a secondopinion from a different GI doc.
<p>
<p>