G-tube help/advice/support

unstopable

my name is troy. I have a feeding tube. it was placed when i was 13yrs old. it saved my life. at first it was painfull. i am now 29yrs old and i have had no big problems with it except i get small blisters in the hole once in a great while from the tube going in and out when im hungry, but all i have to do to fix that is pull it out, clean the area w/ alcohol wipes, and antibiotic cream, and put in a new tube. less then a week later it's fine. but that only happens about once a year. i consider it my body telling me to change the tube. and you can change it yourself, i always have. as far as worrying about the way it looks, i was like that for awhile when i went swimming at public pools, but then decieded, whats more important, what people think if they see it, or die by not keeping it. i have the button, with a shirt on you can't even tell you have it. a few years ago i even got a tatoo around it. it looks prety cool. if you want i could send u a pic. if you or anyone else want know anything else about it or have any questions im prety out going so just ask me anything. if you are shy about it you can email me at blu_gto@yahoo.com and i will get back to you a.s.a.p

unstopable

my name is troy. I have a feeding tube. it was placed when i was 13yrs old. it saved my life. at first it was painfull. i am now 29yrs old and i have had no big problems with it except i get small blisters in the hole once in a great while from the tube going in and out when im hungry, but all i have to do to fix that is pull it out, clean the area w/ alcohol wipes, and antibiotic cream, and put in a new tube. less then a week later it's fine. but that only happens about once a year. i consider it my body telling me to change the tube. and you can change it yourself, i always have. as far as worrying about the way it looks, i was like that for awhile when i went swimming at public pools, but then decieded, whats more important, what people think if they see it, or die by not keeping it. i have the button, with a shirt on you can't even tell you have it. a few years ago i even got a tatoo around it. it looks prety cool. if you want i could send u a pic. if you or anyone else want know anything else about it or have any questions im prety out going so just ask me anything. if you are shy about it you can email me at blu_gto@yahoo.com and i will get back to you a.s.a.p

unstopable

unstopable

unstopable

N

ncyra399

I wondered the same thing before I got my tube and now i have one. Have you gotten any replies to this question? I am a single woman and every little thing I get bothers me as far as explaining it to new guys that I might date. I had the same question with the port, and that's a little easier to hide (at least at first...). With the gtube... it's not so easy.

Nicki

N

ncyra399

I wondered the same thing before I got my tube and now i have one. Have you gotten any replies to this question? I am a single woman and every little thing I get bothers me as far as explaining it to new guys that I might date. I had the same question with the port, and that's a little easier to hide (at least at first...). With the gtube... it's not so easy.

Nicki

N

ncyra399

Nicki

N

ncyra399

Nicki

N

ncyra399

<br />
<br />Nicki

N

ncyra399

Annie,

You have to do what's best for you. I fought my doctor so hard on my port and when I finally got one I was relieved. It made things so much easier.

I have yet to report on the effectiveness of my Gtube because I've been having a few issues with it so it hasn't worked right.

However, I can say this last time I was in the hospital, I was incredibly down. I felt as if the world was just throwing everything it had at me and I too, didn't know if I could take it. Having my friends and family's support certainly helped me make that decision. I know we can't make that decision for you, but there are many people on this list and I'm sure in your life that would like to see you continue fighting!! I know I've wanted to give up a few times, but don't let this miserable disease defeat you. You've got to defeat it. If it means getting a feeding tube, so be it... it can always be removed. It doesn't have to be a permanent fixture.

Please don't give up... please keep fighting!! I know I'd like to hear more from you. If you'd like to chat off line, please PM me. I've had quite a few struggles just getting diagnosed with CFRD, portable oxygen for anytime but when I'm sitting, a bipap machine for when I sleep and now a gtube. I was so overwhelmed when i got all of that thrown at me in a day, but I've learned to cope. No, I don't like it, but if it makes me feel better - I feel it's worth it!! Think of the little things that make life worth living and continue to think of them when you're down! I hope that helps!! Please know that there are others out here like you and we'd like to help. We can be supportive and give you courage when on one else understands!! I know we each have different battles, but one common thread - CF. It sucks and it's not easy. But, we have each other so hopefully we can help!! Take care of yourself and please feel free to contact me!

Nicki

N

ncyra399

Annie,

You have to do what's best for you. I fought my doctor so hard on my port and when I finally got one I was relieved. It made things so much easier.

I have yet to report on the effectiveness of my Gtube because I've been having a few issues with it so it hasn't worked right.

However, I can say this last time I was in the hospital, I was incredibly down. I felt as if the world was just throwing everything it had at me and I too, didn't know if I could take it. Having my friends and family's support certainly helped me make that decision. I know we can't make that decision for you, but there are many people on this list and I'm sure in your life that would like to see you continue fighting!! I know I've wanted to give up a few times, but don't let this miserable disease defeat you. You've got to defeat it. If it means getting a feeding tube, so be it... it can always be removed. It doesn't have to be a permanent fixture.

Please don't give up... please keep fighting!! I know I'd like to hear more from you. If you'd like to chat off line, please PM me. I've had quite a few struggles just getting diagnosed with CFRD, portable oxygen for anytime but when I'm sitting, a bipap machine for when I sleep and now a gtube. I was so overwhelmed when i got all of that thrown at me in a day, but I've learned to cope. No, I don't like it, but if it makes me feel better - I feel it's worth it!! Think of the little things that make life worth living and continue to think of them when you're down! I hope that helps!! Please know that there are others out here like you and we'd like to help. We can be supportive and give you courage when on one else understands!! I know we each have different battles, but one common thread - CF. It sucks and it's not easy. But, we have each other so hopefully we can help!! Take care of yourself and please feel free to contact me!

Nicki

N

ncyra399

Annie,

Nicki

N

ncyra399

Annie,

Nicki

N

ncyra399

Annie,
<br />
<br />You have to do what's best for you. I fought my doctor so hard on my port and when I finally got one I was relieved. It made things so much easier.
<br />
<br />I have yet to report on the effectiveness of my Gtube because I've been having a few issues with it so it hasn't worked right.
<br />
<br />However, I can say this last time I was in the hospital, I was incredibly down. I felt as if the world was just throwing everything it had at me and I too, didn't know if I could take it. Having my friends and family's support certainly helped me make that decision. I know we can't make that decision for you, but there are many people on this list and I'm sure in your life that would like to see you continue fighting!! I know I've wanted to give up a few times, but don't let this miserable disease defeat you. You've got to defeat it. If it means getting a feeding tube, so be it... it can always be removed. It doesn't have to be a permanent fixture.
<br />
<br />Please don't give up... please keep fighting!! I know I'd like to hear more from you. If you'd like to chat off line, please PM me. I've had quite a few struggles just getting diagnosed with CFRD, portable oxygen for anytime but when I'm sitting, a bipap machine for when I sleep and now a gtube. I was so overwhelmed when i got all of that thrown at me in a day, but I've learned to cope. No, I don't like it, but if it makes me feel better - I feel it's worth it!! Think of the little things that make life worth living and continue to think of them when you're down! I hope that helps!! Please know that there are others out here like you and we'd like to help. We can be supportive and give you courage when on one else understands!! I know we each have different battles, but one common thread - CF. It sucks and it's not easy. But, we have each other so hopefully we can help!! Take care of yourself and please feel free to contact me!
<br />
<br />Nicki