G Tube

dogsrule

Hey you guys I have a question....Whats a G tube. I mean I know its some kind of feeding tube, but how is it better than anyother tubes. I don't know if its a feeding tube I don't think. I don't need a G Tube or anything like that, but when people on here talk about their tubes or other tubes. I have no clue when it comes to that.
No clue whats so ever???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks

Christina 18 w/cf

dogsrule

Hey you guys I have a question....Whats a G tube. I mean I know its some kind of feeding tube, but how is it better than anyother tubes. I don't know if its a feeding tube I don't think. I don't need a G Tube or anything like that, but when people on here talk about their tubes or other tubes. I have no clue when it comes to that.

Thanks

Christina 18 w/cf

dogsrule

Thanks

Christina 18 w/cf

kfriemel

I now know what a G button is. My 22 month old son had one put in not really for the caloric reason, but he was continually getting dehydrated and dealt with continual bowel obstruction. We pump in all of his oral meds through it with his miralax and water and formula. We have had it for a month and I think I will like it. It looks like a beach ball button. We attach a tube and it directly goes to the stomache. Pretty wierd really. I hope this helps.

kfriemel

I now know what a G button is. My 22 month old son had one put in not really for the caloric reason, but he was continually getting dehydrated and dealt with continual bowel obstruction. We pump in all of his oral meds through it with his miralax and water and formula. We have had it for a month and I think I will like it. It looks like a beach ball button. We attach a tube and it directly goes to the stomache. Pretty wierd really. I hope this helps.

kfriemel

martini10

i have had a g tube for 4 years now grrr and dont use it anymore but it helped me to go from 60 pounds to the 110 i am now and quick! my growth chart used to be below normal and steadily decreasing and after my g tube insertion it went straight up! it was a good thing while i needed it but now im ready to have it out!! the doctor unprescribed it as one of my treatments so i'm hoping they will take it out soon!

martini10

i have had a g tube for 4 years now grrr and dont use it anymore but it helped me to go from 60 pounds to the 110 i am now and quick! my growth chart used to be below normal and steadily decreasing and after my g tube insertion it went straight up! it was a good thing while i needed it but now im ready to have it out!! the doctor unprescribed it as one of my treatments so i'm hoping they will take it out soon!

martini10

blondi4cf37

hi im mikayla i have a g tube/mikey button its not really a big deal its just another thing sticking out of me i get feedings every other night and well thats about it i some times gain wieght and i sometimes dont well i hope that helped oh if you want to talk to me more my msn name is blondi4jesus37@hotmail.com well bye

blondi4cf37

hi im mikayla i have a g tube/mikey button its not really a big deal its just another thing sticking out of me i get feedings every other night and well thats about it i some times gain wieght and i sometimes dont well i hope that helped oh if you want to talk to me more my msn name is blondi4jesus37@hotmail.com well bye

blondi4cf37

S

sstew14

I have one and i have to say its the worst.....just i guess annoying...I've had it for i dunno like 2 years now....i use it every so often....i havent gained much though....oh well hope this helps

S

sstew14

I have one and i have to say its the worst.....just i guess annoying...I've had it for i dunno like 2 years now....i use it every so often....i havent gained much though....oh well hope this helps

S

sstew14

robert321

yeah, i don't have one either but if i ever have to get one i am going to insist they put in place of my bellybutton, and i know you put food in through it but can you take food out? It's really random but hey, i decided to post anyway

robert321

yeah, i don't have one either but if i ever have to get one i am going to insist they put in place of my bellybutton, and i know you put food in through it but can you take food out? It's really random but hey, i decided to post anyway

robert321

S

sstew14

No you cant take food out..?.....And from what I understand they wont put it where your bellybutton is

S

sstew14

No you cant take food out..?.....And from what I understand they wont put it where your bellybutton is