gaining weight with a g-tube, question?

Bumblebee

I don't have a g-tube but i did do over night feeding via an nasogastric tube all of last year. When i started i was on 1 litre of ensure plus 5x a week and gained around 25 pounds in 4 months. I then got to 121pounds and started to feel uncomfortable (i'm only 5ft 1) so i cut down to 2-3x a week where i lost a little (116pounds) and then just maintained weight. I stopped it all together in feb this year. I'm now 111 pounds and want to get back to 116pounds but by just eating more as i'm in between dress sizes.
xxxx

Bumblebee

I don't have a g-tube but i did do over night feeding via an nasogastric tube all of last year. When i started i was on 1 litre of ensure plus 5x a week and gained around 25 pounds in 4 months. I then got to 121pounds and started to feel uncomfortable (i'm only 5ft 1) so i cut down to 2-3x a week where i lost a little (116pounds) and then just maintained weight. I stopped it all together in feb this year. I'm now 111 pounds and want to get back to 116pounds but by just eating more as i'm in between dress sizes.
xxxx

Bumblebee

xxxx

Bumblebee

xxxx

Bumblebee

<br />xxxx

Bumblebee

oh and incidently last year i only had one set of IVs whereas the year before that when i was a lower weight i had 4 sets. My BMI was never very very low (about 18), but i feel getting to a BMI of 21-22 has benefitted me greatly, plus i look hotter (figurewise) and my boyfriend LOVES it ;-). I'd tried to put on weight by other means for years since i lost a great deal in 2002 but not been successful. The pressure of eating was horrible and i had got to the stage where i hated eating and food in general. NG feeding then was the way to go even though i wasn't scarily underweight. My lung function is also high (65-75% when healthy) so never believe feeding is for the low lung functions. I also believe my lung function has INCREASED because of the weight, i was never getting over 68% before last year. I should point out i also started Dnase that year BUT i still believe the weight had a lot to do with it as i wasn't very compliant with DNase to begin with.
xxxx

Bumblebee

oh and incidently last year i only had one set of IVs whereas the year before that when i was a lower weight i had 4 sets. My BMI was never very very low (about 18), but i feel getting to a BMI of 21-22 has benefitted me greatly, plus i look hotter (figurewise) and my boyfriend LOVES it ;-). I'd tried to put on weight by other means for years since i lost a great deal in 2002 but not been successful. The pressure of eating was horrible and i had got to the stage where i hated eating and food in general. NG feeding then was the way to go even though i wasn't scarily underweight. My lung function is also high (65-75% when healthy) so never believe feeding is for the low lung functions. I also believe my lung function has INCREASED because of the weight, i was never getting over 68% before last year. I should point out i also started Dnase that year BUT i still believe the weight had a lot to do with it as i wasn't very compliant with DNase to begin with.
xxxx

Bumblebee

xxxx

Bumblebee

xxxx

Bumblebee

<br />xxxx