Gastric Emptying Scan, Etc

MOME2RT

Reece had this done about a year ago. It didnt take 3 hours, maybe an hour, hour & half. As far as keeping him still, hes so good at that, but they had DVDs to play. You probably could bring some favs from home. Like someons said, they may even sedate.

But, yeah they gave Reece some radioactive dye in some eggs. He really only needed to eat 2-3 bites. Then you go in this BIG cold room where he layed down on a table & they started taking pics of his tummy. You can see the pics as they take them, its like 200 I think.

MOME2RT

Reece had this done about a year ago. It didnt take 3 hours, maybe an hour, hour & half. As far as keeping him still, hes so good at that, but they had DVDs to play. You probably could bring some favs from home. Like someons said, they may even sedate.

But, yeah they gave Reece some radioactive dye in some eggs. He really only needed to eat 2-3 bites. Then you go in this BIG cold room where he layed down on a table & they started taking pics of his tummy. You can see the pics as they take them, its like 200 I think.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DH reminded me that DS DID have a gastric emptying study done when he was a few weeks old. In his case they put some radioactive stuff down his ng tube and we all sat and watched the pictures (video) on the screen. Was really cool. Did that for several minutes and then we returned an hour or so later to see if/how things progressed. And I remember the nurse saying that with the older kids they give them the contrast in chocolate milk.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DH reminded me that DS DID have a gastric emptying study done when he was a few weeks old. In his case they put some radioactive stuff down his ng tube and we all sat and watched the pictures (video) on the screen. Was really cool. Did that for several minutes and then we returned an hour or so later to see if/how things progressed. And I remember the nurse saying that with the older kids they give them the contrast in chocolate milk.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member