Gastrointestional

jamoncita

lots of fluids! i find the more water i drink, the less i have to worry about getting constipated! if that doesn't help, i'll take a dose of miralax. hope you find what works!

ymikhale

I tried yogourt, greek yogourt, papaya purée for my dd, but the onbly thing that really made a difference was Miralax

ymikhale

I tried yogourt, greek yogourt, papaya purée for my dd, but the onbly thing that really made a difference was Miralax

ymikhale

Incomudrox

I used to have issues with this, it stemmed from swallowing mucus mostly. When I had issues I would drink Mirilax or take Dulcolax depending. I have had golytely in the hospital a few times when I was younger. These days I don't have issues with it unless I am on painkillers (Vicodin or tramadol). It's all finding that perfect balance of enzymes really I think. I just changed my dose myself and things are much much better.

Incomudrox

I used to have issues with this, it stemmed from swallowing mucus mostly. When I had issues I would drink Mirilax or take Dulcolax depending. I have had golytely in the hospital a few times when I was younger. These days I don't have issues with it unless I am on painkillers (Vicodin or tramadol). It's all finding that perfect balance of enzymes really I think. I just changed my dose myself and things are much much better.

Incomudrox

Hardak

Lots of H20, avoiding harder to digest foods.. watching my grease intake. You won't ketch me even eating anything remotely greasy except on the rarest of occasions. And if I do get backed up I'll likely won't eat for half a day or so but instead drink quart or more of milk which seems to help me to pass what ever is causing problems. I do how ever avoid pain kills when I can, and watch my enzymes closely.

Hardak

Lots of H20, avoiding harder to digest foods.. watching my grease intake. You won't ketch me even eating anything remotely greasy except on the rarest of occasions. And if I do get backed up I'll likely won't eat for half a day or so but instead drink quart or more of milk which seems to help me to pass what ever is causing problems. I do how ever avoid pain kills when I can, and watch my enzymes closely.

Hardak

rmotion

Chronic constipation can be caused by gluten. Please look at this article regarding gluten intolerance. Most Cf's are affected by gluten.
<br><a href="http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji">http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji</a><br> 

rmotion

Chronic constipation can be caused by gluten. Please look at this article regarding gluten intolerance. Most Cf's are affected by gluten.
<br><a href="http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji">http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji</a><br>

rmotion

<p>Chronic constipation can be caused by gluten. Please look at this article regarding gluten intolerance. Most Cf's are affected by gluten.
<p><br><a href="http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji">http://www.greenmedinfo.com/page/dark-side-wheat-new-perspectives-celiac-disease-wheat-intolerance-sayer-ji</a><p><br>

rob. i SWEAR thats it with me!! i cant eat licorice because it immediately blocks me up badly. and ive noticed the more gluten i consume the crappier i feel. but tell your CF dr you might have celiac disease and they flip! their immediate answer is well you have distal intestinal obstruction syndrome. thats not it you idiots!! gah there has to be an underlying cause i swear.

rob. i SWEAR thats it with me!! i cant eat licorice because it immediately blocks me up badly. and ive noticed the more gluten i consume the crappier i feel. but tell your CF dr you might have celiac disease and they flip! their immediate answer is well you have distal intestinal obstruction syndrome. thats not it you idiots!! gah there has to be an underlying cause i swear.

<br />

W

windex125

Lately that is my biggest issue my BM's I know I am older but it's gotten that all I think abt will I go today? I use Mirlax as well, but it doesn't work as well as it used to. I was also diagnosed with Gastroparesis last year, my food was not moving out of my stomach, so I was put on Reglan for that and it worked for awhile as well. I get the pain on my left side usually reminds me hey yr. full. The Dulcolax works great, but I won't take that too often I know it's not a good thing. I am trying to remember to drink more water. as well. Just soemthing else we learn to deal with. Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

Lately that is my biggest issue my BM's I know I am older but it's gotten that all I think abt will I go today? I use Mirlax as well, but it doesn't work as well as it used to. I was also diagnosed with Gastroparesis last year, my food was not moving out of my stomach, so I was put on Reglan for that and it worked for awhile as well. I get the pain on my left side usually reminds me hey yr. full. The Dulcolax works great, but I won't take that too often I know it's not a good thing. I am trying to remember to drink more water. as well. Just soemthing else we learn to deal with. Pat-56/CF

W

windex125

S

Swallowtail66

We stopped taking Zenpep and started Creon 2400.  I got worse and worse and 6 Zenpep didn't work.  My doc says different meds work for different people.