gene results

CFHockeyMom

R711H is one of the more common genes but is still only present in about 0.7% of CFers.

The "T" refers to the thymidine (5, 7, or 9). The 9T variant allows normal reading of the gene while the 5T variant is associated with the highest level of non-functional CFTR protein (i.e. Class I).

CFHockeyMom

R711H is one of the more common genes but is still only present in about 0.7% of CFers.

The "T" refers to the thymidine (5, 7, or 9). The 9T variant allows normal reading of the gene while the 5T variant is associated with the highest level of non-functional CFTR protein (i.e. Class I).

CFHockeyMom

CFHockeyMom

cherishthree

Hello, My children have two copies of IVS8 5t in intron 8 and are both considered to have a mild case of Cystic Fibrosis. Kathy

cherishthree

Hello, My children have two copies of IVS8 5t in intron 8 and are both considered to have a mild case of Cystic Fibrosis. Kathy

cherishthree

cherishthree

cherishthree

cherishthree