Gene Therapy????

PreciousJewel

i have been told by my doctors that something is in the offering in relation to CF...I have been told that they are looking at large clinical Trails where by Cf'ers will have to use a nebuliser maybe 4 times a year which will put the corrected gene into the lungs..My doc says its like money in the bank saving for a rainy when it comes to looking after your child....I am feeling rather down at the mo as i am scared for the future. What do you all think???/ Have your Docotrs been saying any of this....
I need to know that there is hope out there

anonymous

Hi Paula, there are some articles on www.cff.org about this. They can be a little confusing to read with all the medical jargon but you should take a peek. Also on that site is a chart of the drugs/therapies currently in the pipeline. The chart tells about the drugs/therapies and what stage they are in etc. I think it is like 1 in 4 (maybe even less than that?) that actually make it all the way through the pipeline but the chart looks very encouraging for things to come. Oh ya, you can also find the 2004 report on there, which is very long but worth reading if you can print it off. I check in with this website often to see what is going on.

HTH & Hugs,
Kelli (mom to Sydney 2wcf)