General Cleaning Product

babyluke

I am on the search for some good general cleaning products without harsh fumes/smells but that will still work to kill bacteria. I am willing to "make" it or buy it. I just feel like the traditional cleaners (especially bathroom cleaners) have too strong of a scent--I know they make me cough when I am cleaning and so I try to only use it when Luke is down for his nap or in bed so he is not right there when I use them. But I still feel like there has to be something better to use. Also, I like to clean the surfaces that are "high traffic" a couple times a day. I have been using disinfecting wipes, but that can get expensive. So I was wondering if there was a spray disinfectant that I could buy or "make" that would be effective but again would not have a harsh smell. It is summer and Luke is so healthy and doing great, but winter is looming in front of me and that is when we have our trouble. Just trying to be a little more proactive this year! Thanks for any suggestions!
Angela, Mom to 7, including Luke 2 yrs. old w/cf

babyluke

I am on the search for some good general cleaning products without harsh fumes/smells but that will still work to kill bacteria. I am willing to "make" it or buy it. I just feel like the traditional cleaners (especially bathroom cleaners) have too strong of a scent--I know they make me cough when I am cleaning and so I try to only use it when Luke is down for his nap or in bed so he is not right there when I use them. But I still feel like there has to be something better to use. Also, I like to clean the surfaces that are "high traffic" a couple times a day. I have been using disinfecting wipes, but that can get expensive. So I was wondering if there was a spray disinfectant that I could buy or "make" that would be effective but again would not have a harsh smell. It is summer and Luke is so healthy and doing great, but winter is looming in front of me and that is when we have our trouble. Just trying to be a little more proactive this year! Thanks for any suggestions!

babyluke

babyluke

babyluke

<br />Angela, Mom to 7, including Luke 2 yrs. old w/cf

MicheleGazelle

Our latest favorite cleaning agent is distilled water. It is surprisingly effective and zero fumes. I also use a lot of peroxide and diet tonic water, though peroxide tends to bleach things out so there are some precautions to take with it. We recently bought some copper sheeting for it's antimicrobial properties. We move it around to places on the floor where we want stuff killed and leave it there for an hour or more. Again: zero fumes. For the toilet tank, we use tea bags instead of those bleach discs.

MicheleGazelle

Our latest favorite cleaning agent is distilled water. It is surprisingly effective and zero fumes. I also use a lot of peroxide and diet tonic water, though peroxide tends to bleach things out so there are some precautions to take with it. We recently bought some copper sheeting for it's antimicrobial properties. We move it around to places on the floor where we want stuff killed and leave it there for an hour or more. Again: zero fumes. For the toilet tank, we use tea bags instead of those bleach discs.

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

MicheleGazelle

JORDYSMOM

Vinegar is a great natural cleaner. There are so many ways to use it. Yes, it smells a bit when you are using it, but when it dries, it leaves no smell at all. You can google cleaning with vinegar, and find many ideas.

I mix it with water in a spray bottle, and use it all of the time.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Vinegar is a great natural cleaner. There are so many ways to use it. Yes, it smells a bit when you are using it, but when it dries, it leaves no smell at all. You can google cleaning with vinegar, and find many ideas.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />I mix it with water in a spray bottle, and use it all of the time.
<br />
<br />Stacey

EnergyGal

Hi Baby Luke

My name is Rise' and I have had a double lung Transplant due to cF. I have been living green for years and years and can honestly say, there is no other way for me. Have you heard of Shaklee on oprah? Shaklee has what they call the "Get Clean" line of green products. I love Basic H and Basic G.

There are hundreds of uses for Basic H and Basic G is a natural germicide.

If you want to learn more contact me at
transplantbuddies@gmail.com
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://shaklee.net/preciouslife">http://shaklee.net/preciouslife</a>

EnergyGal

Hi Baby Luke

My name is Rise' and I have had a double lung Transplant due to cF. I have been living green for years and years and can honestly say, there is no other way for me. Have you heard of Shaklee on oprah? Shaklee has what they call the "Get Clean" line of green products. I love Basic H and Basic G.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://shaklee.net/preciouslife">http://shaklee.net/preciouslife</a>

EnergyGal

Hi Baby Luke

EnergyGal

Hi Baby Luke

EnergyGal

Hi Baby Luke
<br />
<br />My name is Rise' and I have had a double lung Transplant due to cF. I have been living green for years and years and can honestly say, there is no other way for me. Have you heard of Shaklee on oprah? Shaklee has what they call the "Get Clean" line of green products. I love Basic H and Basic G.
<br />
<br />There are hundreds of uses for Basic H and Basic G is a natural germicide.
<br />
<br />If you want to learn more contact me at
<br />transplantbuddies@gmail.com
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://shaklee.net/preciouslife">http://shaklee.net/preciouslife</a>