Genetic Testing How Long?

M

Mommafirst

Despite being told it was a 2-4 week wait, it took over 6 weeks for us to get my daughter's very rare mutation. I'd definitely think that the more time that goes by, the better. But I'm sure you want to know for sure. I disagree with your husband. Calling once a week is not pestering, its your right. Ihope you hear something soon.

M

Mommafirst

Despite being told it was a 2-4 week wait, it took over 6 weeks for us to get my daughter's very rare mutation. I'd definitely think that the more time that goes by, the better. But I'm sure you want to know for sure. I disagree with your husband. Calling once a week is not pestering, its your right. Ihope you hear something soon.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

StevenKeiles

Jen,

Our results are usually completed in less than 3 weeks, It would depend on when the mutation panel test was completed and if the sample was then forwarded to another lab. I do believe that Quest samples do take about 6 weeks or more, so if it went there that could explain the long delay.

I would also agree that calling the doctor's office once a week is not a problem and the doctors office should be able to call the lab to get an idea of when it should be done if they have already had the sample for several weeks.

Best of luck,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Jen,

Our results are usually completed in less than 3 weeks, It would depend on when the mutation panel test was completed and if the sample was then forwarded to another lab. I do believe that Quest samples do take about 6 weeks or more, so if it went there that could explain the long delay.

I would also agree that calling the doctor's office once a week is not a problem and the doctors office should be able to call the lab to get an idea of when it should be done if they have already had the sample for several weeks.

Best of luck,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Jen,

Best of luck,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Jen,

Best of luck,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Jen,

Best of luck,

Steve