genetic testing

amyr

Do Ambry and Genzyme run the same full panel? My son had the first panel thru Genzyme checking for 90 or 99 mutations and it was negative. His Dr went with Genzyme since they still had my sons blood and could use it. Any imput would be great. Thanks

amyr

Do Ambry and Genzyme run the same full panel? My son had the first panel thru Genzyme checking for 90 or 99 mutations and it was negative. His Dr went with Genzyme since they still had my sons blood and could use it. Any imput would be great. Thanks

amyr

amyr

amyr

StevenKeiles

Amy,

Genzyme typicall runs a 97 mutation panel. At Ambry, we do not do a panel, we analyze the full CFTR gene in addition to deletions and duplications to be able to detect 99% of all mutations.

Steve

StevenKeiles

Amy,

Genzyme typicall runs a 97 mutation panel. At Ambry, we do not do a panel, we analyze the full CFTR gene in addition to deletions and duplications to be able to detect 99% of all mutations.

Steve

StevenKeiles

Amy,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Amy,

Steve

StevenKeiles

Amy,
<br />
<br />Genzyme typicall runs a 97 mutation panel. At Ambry, we do not do a panel, we analyze the full CFTR gene in addition to deletions and duplications to be able to detect 99% of all mutations.
<br />
<br />Steve

peanut07

Genzyme does have a full gene sequence however I do not believe they have the deletion and duplication testing.

With the full gene sequence you fall at catching about 98%.

Deletion and Duplication brings you up to 99%.

Of course you could always be like us and fall into that 1% hole of nothing!

Fun, Fun!

So I would say if the blood is already there let them run the sequence.

If it still comes out negative have the blood redrawn and sent to Ambry for the amplified test.

Good Luck!

peanut07

Genzyme does have a full gene sequence however I do not believe they have the deletion and duplication testing.

Fun, Fun!

If it still comes out negative have the blood redrawn and sent to Ambry for the amplified test.

Good Luck!

peanut07

Fun, Fun!

Good Luck!

peanut07

Fun, Fun!

Good Luck!

peanut07

<br />
<br />With the full gene sequence you fall at catching about 98%.
<br />
<br />Deletion and Duplication brings you up to 99%.
<br />
<br />Of course you could always be like us and fall into that 1% hole of nothing!
<br />
<br />Fun, Fun!
<br />
<br />So I would say if the blood is already there let them run the sequence.
<br />
<br />If it still comes out negative have the blood redrawn and sent to Ambry for the amplified test.
<br />
<br />Good Luck!