Genetic testing

KEC1984

For those of you that either have CF or partner with CF, did you get genetic testing done. Did you only do the CF panel that tests for the most common type of mutations or did you do the one where they just keep testing for mutations. My fiance just got his results back and he is negative but we only got the CF panel done and not the full test. Just curious about what you have all done. Did anyone get tested and come back negative only to have a child with CF?

KEC1984

For those of you that either have CF or partner with CF, did you get genetic testing done. Did you only do the CF panel that tests for the most common type of mutations or did you do the one where they just keep testing for mutations. My fiance just got his results back and he is negative but we only got the CF panel done and not the full test. Just curious about what you have all done. Did anyone get tested and come back negative only to have a child with CF?

KEC1984

KEC1984

KEC1984

S

semperfiohana

my husband had the full panel screen done and he came back negative. off the top of my i know that there is someone on this site that had their husband tested and it came back negative and they just found out that their baby has cf. i can't remember who it is. there are two names in my head but i don't want to tell a name and feel like a completely dummy! you are in the right spot though!! this is a good site to get information!

S

semperfiohana

my husband had the full panel screen done and he came back negative. off the top of my i know that there is someone on this site that had their husband tested and it came back negative and they just found out that their baby has cf. i can't remember who it is. there are two names in my head but i don't want to tell a name and feel like a completely dummy! you are in the right spot though!! this is a good site to get information!

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

S

semperfiohana

K

Keepercjr

My husband had the full panel screening through Ambry. We felt it was important that we find out for sure whether he was a carrier or not since our baby would automatically inherit one of my genes. I know there is a chance for even the full screening to miss something but we feel confident that he isn't a carrier. Also knowing that I have a rare gene that isn't included in the "common mutation" screening made me realize that DH could very well carry a rare gene - and we needed to know. It cost us $450 but it was worth it.

K

Keepercjr

My husband had the full panel screening through Ambry. We felt it was important that we find out for sure whether he was a carrier or not since our baby would automatically inherit one of my genes. I know there is a chance for even the full screening to miss something but we feel confident that he isn't a carrier. Also knowing that I have a rare gene that isn't included in the "common mutation" screening made me realize that DH could very well carry a rare gene - and we needed to know. It cost us $450 but it was worth it.

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr