Getting a Diagnosis- But NOT CF

jbrandonAW

My daughter eats ALOT and at one year she was only 15 lbs...and at 18 months old I bet she probably isn't 20 yet...she is just tiny.

When I say alot I mean like adult sized portion...6 times a day... and she still nurses 4-8 times a day.

We had a CF test and everything done...all perfectly normal

We do give her carnation instant breakfast in whole milk - but its not really effected her weight gain.

jbrandonAW

My daughter eats ALOT and at one year she was only 15 lbs...and at 18 months old I bet she probably isn't 20 yet...she is just tiny.

When I say alot I mean like adult sized portion...6 times a day... and she still nurses 4-8 times a day.

We do give her carnation instant breakfast in whole milk - but its not really effected her weight gain.

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

jbrandonAW

<br />
<br />When I say alot I mean like adult sized portion...6 times a day... and she still nurses 4-8 times a day.
<br />
<br />We had a CF test and everything done...all perfectly normal
<br />
<br />We do give her carnation instant breakfast in whole milk - but its not really effected her weight gain.

K

kaylee04cassidy08

Has anyone ever suggested Shwachman-Diamond syndrome? It tends to have the same digestive issues as CF, but not the respiratory and the sweat test is normal. Google it and let me know what you think. I am interested.

K

kaylee04cassidy08

Has anyone ever suggested Shwachman-Diamond syndrome? It tends to have the same digestive issues as CF, but not the respiratory and the sweat test is normal. Google it and let me know what you think. I am interested.

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

K

kaylee04cassidy08

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kaylee04cassidy08</b></i>

Has anyone ever suggested Shwachman-Diamond syndrome? It tends to have the same digestive issues as CF, but not the respiratory and the sweat test is normal. Google it and let me know what you think. I am interested.</end quote></div>

I agree with this. It also is genetic!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>kaylee04cassidy08</b></i>

Has anyone ever suggested Shwachman-Diamond syndrome? It tends to have the same digestive issues as CF, but not the respiratory and the sweat test is normal. Google it and let me know what you think. I am interested.</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

Has anyone ever suggested Shwachman-Diamond syndrome? It tends to have the same digestive issues as CF, but not the respiratory and the sweat test is normal. Google it and let me know what you think. I am interested.</end quote>

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Has anyone ever suggested Shwachman-Diamond syndrome? It tends to have the same digestive issues as CF, but not the respiratory and the sweat test is normal. Google it and let me know what you think. I am interested.</end quote>
<br />
<br />
<br />I agree with this. It also is genetic!

ashmomo

My 4 year old has only ever had digestive issues...she did just recently have a cough and cultured Staph though but not til 4 years of age. I personally would still want the genetic test done to make sure. It is good to start chest therapy even without symptoms if it is CF. It is your call though...just so you know they don't always have lung issues.
Actually I have a cousin w/ CF (32 years old, diagnosed at 30 due to infertility) with no symptoms at all!
Good luck and I hope everything is under control and glad he is gaining weight! Hope to never see a CF diagnosis!

ashmomo

My 4 year old has only ever had digestive issues...she did just recently have a cough and cultured Staph though but not til 4 years of age. I personally would still want the genetic test done to make sure. It is good to start chest therapy even without symptoms if it is CF. It is your call though...just so you know they don't always have lung issues.
Actually I have a cousin w/ CF (32 years old, diagnosed at 30 due to infertility) with no symptoms at all!
Good luck and I hope everything is under control and glad he is gaining weight! Hope to never see a CF diagnosis!

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />Actually I have a cousin w/ CF (32 years old, diagnosed at 30 due to infertility) with no symptoms at all!
<br />Good luck and I hope everything is under control and glad he is gaining weight! Hope to never see a CF diagnosis!