Getting a G-tube

consmom

I fought the G-tube for a long time, I kept thinking my son would eat more and be less fussy. He had his put in in April and I have to admit it has made a world of difference! He has gone from 15th percentile to just under 50th percentile in BMI !!!
but it has boosted much more than his wieght, he has more confidence and is more outgoing and is driving me crazy with his new found energy. We do night time feeds so he still eats during the day but it makes for a peaceful mealtime now ! There are many drawbacks but thankfully not for him ( you could put a bomb under his butt and he would not wake up!) It is tough being up to silence the alarms at night and trying to stay awake at work but I figure if it gets really bad I can always duck tape him to the bed lol ( honestly did cross my mind one night)

consmom

I fought the G-tube for a long time, I kept thinking my son would eat more and be less fussy. He had his put in in April and I have to admit it has made a world of difference! He has gone from 15th percentile to just under 50th percentile in BMI !!!
but it has boosted much more than his wieght, he has more confidence and is more outgoing and is driving me crazy with his new found energy. We do night time feeds so he still eats during the day but it makes for a peaceful mealtime now ! There are many drawbacks but thankfully not for him ( you could put a bomb under his butt and he would not wake up!) It is tough being up to silence the alarms at night and trying to stay awake at work but I figure if it gets really bad I can always duck tape him to the bed lol ( honestly did cross my mind one night)

fourkidsmom

I think the G-tube is one of the best decisions we made for our 6 yr old. He got his April 1, 2007 and has gained 7 pounds. He looks so much better. He was at the 16% mark before. I can relate with consmom about the alarm going off on the pump, when he first got it I would need to get up 4-5 times a night to fix a kink in the line and turn the machine back on, (it was like having a new born baby!!!) after he got his mic-key button put in though, it may go off maybe once a week. So that got much better. Good luck with your decision.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

I think the G-tube is one of the best decisions we made for our 6 yr old. He got his April 1, 2007 and has gained 7 pounds. He looks so much better. He was at the 16% mark before. I can relate with consmom about the alarm going off on the pump, when he first got it I would need to get up 4-5 times a night to fix a kink in the line and turn the machine back on, (it was like having a new born baby!!!) after he got his mic-key button put in though, it may go off maybe once a week. So that got much better. Good luck with your decision.

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom

fourkidsmom

Fourkidsmom