Getting back to work

summer732

I was evaluated for transplant in January of 2004 and after that was on the list and returned to school. I finished out that semester and then took a leave of absence from school. I was transplanted in November 2004 and then went back to work part time in May of 2005 and then back to school full time in September of 2005. Then I started working full time when I gradutated in June of 2006.

In a way, I am glad that I had one more year of college to complete. It gave my immune system a chance to be more stable, is not as physically taxing as a full work week, and I wasn't around as many people. When I started working full time, I was around different people more often and on crowded trains. I got 4 or 5 colds that year, most of which I don't think I would have recovered from if I was not out of my transplant as long as I was.

So it's different for everyone, but I would make sure to allow yourself the time to concentrate on your new lungs and making a full recovery before you jump into a full time career.

summer732

I was evaluated for transplant in January of 2004 and after that was on the list and returned to school. I finished out that semester and then took a leave of absence from school. I was transplanted in November 2004 and then went back to work part time in May of 2005 and then back to school full time in September of 2005. Then I started working full time when I gradutated in June of 2006.

In a way, I am glad that I had one more year of college to complete. It gave my immune system a chance to be more stable, is not as physically taxing as a full work week, and I wasn't around as many people. When I started working full time, I was around different people more often and on crowded trains. I got 4 or 5 colds that year, most of which I don't think I would have recovered from if I was not out of my transplant as long as I was.

So it's different for everyone, but I would make sure to allow yourself the time to concentrate on your new lungs and making a full recovery before you jump into a full time career.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />In a way, I am glad that I had one more year of college to complete. It gave my immune system a chance to be more stable, is not as physically taxing as a full work week, and I wasn't around as many people. When I started working full time, I was around different people more often and on crowded trains. I got 4 or 5 colds that year, most of which I don't think I would have recovered from if I was not out of my transplant as long as I was.
<br />
<br />So it's different for everyone, but I would make sure to allow yourself the time to concentrate on your new lungs and making a full recovery before you jump into a full time career.