Getting Port and blood suger workup Friday..

johannaleigh

Glad you got your port in. Make sure when the nurses acesses your port that they use a sterile dressing kit and that they have sterile gloves on. A month ago a nurse acessed mine without sterile gloves or a kit and a few days later it got infected with yeast. I had to have it removed and had another put in 3 days later. I also have problems throwing up. In the morning when I'm coughing up stuff, I often gag and vomit. I also wake up sick from too much tube feeding( I run it while I'm asleep at night). If my system is backed up the tube feeding makes me sick. Mabe try slowing it down, make sure you are using the bathroom regularly, and mabe cut down on your feeding if you have been eating alot or if you feel full.

johannaleigh

Glad you got your port in. Make sure when the nurses acesses your port that they use a sterile dressing kit and that they have sterile gloves on. A month ago a nurse acessed mine without sterile gloves or a kit and a few days later it got infected with yeast. I had to have it removed and had another put in 3 days later. I also have problems throwing up. In the morning when I'm coughing up stuff, I often gag and vomit. I also wake up sick from too much tube feeding( I run it while I'm asleep at night). If my system is backed up the tube feeding makes me sick. Mabe try slowing it down, make sure you are using the bathroom regularly, and mabe cut down on your feeding if you have been eating alot or if you feel full.

johannaleigh

johannaleigh

johannaleigh